Analyst, Finance & Accounting
Dynamics of the Role
You will be supporting the month end cycle monitoring and reporting for APAC. You will pick up detailed knowledge on systems, processes, products and reports to support business growth.
How You'll Contribute
- Accounting: Handle full set of accounting for the business, monitor daily activities of AR & AP. Prepare and validate vouchers and input into accounting system. Maintain general ledger, sub-ledger and auxiliary books. Assist Accounting Manager to perform the month end closing including preparation of monthly management accounts, schedules and account reconciliation.
- Reporting: Prepare & reconcile Billing, Tax, P&L and other adhoc reports per local and global requests.
- Technical Skills: Applies knowledge of the various systems and processes associated with reporting of the APAC Region including PeopleSoft, Hyperion, Excel and other MS office.
- Interpersonal: Develops and maintains cooperative relationships throughout the APAC Region and other departments in order to accomplish business objectives. Educates, interacts and assists management and associates with reporting responsibilities. Presents work, projects and ideas to stakeholders in a clear and logical manner.
- Teamwork: Work collaboratively within Finance, as well as other departments (Sales, IT, Product) to improve system and reporting accuracy and efficiency.
- Communication: Effectively communicates with senior management and other departments to ensure comprehension of ideas, initiatives, requirements, and issues to drive progress with regards to accounting and reporting.
- Must be able to work independently to drive processes without significant oversight, and understand when it is appropriate to escalate issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
What You'll Bring
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting and four to five years of accounting and analytical experience.
• Customer focused attitude and mentality.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and Windows.
• Knowledge in integrated ERP system such as PeopleSoft is preferable
• Strong verbal and written communications skills in English and Cantonese.
• Ability to recognize financial implications of business decisions and strategy.
• Ability to produce a high volume of work quickly and accurately with a sense of urgency.
• Analytical with solid problem solving, and decision-making skills.
• Detail oriented with organizational, time management and follow-up skills.
• Self-managed with the ability to effectively manage multiple conflicting priorities, take verbal direction and perform with minimal guidance or supervision.
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management.
Back to top