Dynamicsof the Role
TransUnion,a leading risk information solutions company and one of the three major U.S.credit bureaus, is seeking a highly skilled Senior Analyst for its FinancialServices Analytics team.
Youwill apply your analytical skills to work on all aspects of the accountlifecycle in the consumer credit domain on behalf of a diverse set of clients,ranging from marketing and propensity models for customer acquisition andretention, fraud detection solutions, credit risk models for acquisition andaccount management, cross-sell applications, portfolio models for regulatoryapplications, event-based trigger solutions, and strategy analyses of variouskinds. You will also develop complex analytic solutions directly withTransUnion customers, business partners and other departments.
Advancementopportunities exist in both a technical and managerial track depending on thecandidate’s desires and aptitudes.
The Team’s Focus
TheFinancial Services Analytics team is an industry recognized, client-facingdepartment that rewards an entrepreneurial spirit. We have deep technicalexpertise and an established reputation as an analytic solutions provider inthe Financial Services industry. We have a wealth of data and industryexperience within our large group of highly-trained analysts, statisticians,engineers, and economists. We also have a modern computing environmentbased on best-in-class “big data” technologies and the freedom to explore newdata sources and statistical and machine learning methodologies. All of theseresources will enable you to help us deliver next-generation analytic solutionsfor our customers.
How You’ll Contribute
Thisposition is responsible for developing credit risk management and businessintelligence analytic solutions through consulting engagements and researchserving TransUnion’s clients. This position requires an understanding of USconsumer lending and credit risk management practices.
- Youwill partner with internal and external cross-functional teams to drive newbusiness initiatives and deliver long term value-added product propositions forB2B customers in the US financial services segment at TransUnion. This includesbut is not limited to the development of predictive risk management andbusiness intelligence solutions for credit card issuers, auto & mortgagelenders, collections agencies and retail banks.
- Youwill lead analytic client engagements involving descriptive, predictive, andprescriptive analysis through the consumer lending portfolio lifecycle,leveraging a variety of techniques (e.g., segmentation, logistic regression,survival analysis, principal component analysis, Monte Carlo simulation,scenario and sensitivity analysis).
- Youwill design and write programs for data extraction, segmentation andstatistical analysis on large population datasets using languages such as R,SAS, SQL, Hive, and Pig on Linux, PC, and mainframe computing platforms.
- Youwill deliver analytic insights and recommendations in succinct and compellingpresentations for internal and external customers and an executive audience.
- Youwill develop project proposals, sales presentations and promotional collateralto enable the adoption of integrated customer solutions supported byTransUnion.
- Youwill identify strategies and opportunities for customers to test and adoptTransUnion’s analytic products and services.
- Youwill foster a high performance culture and cultivate an environment thatpromotes excellence and reflects the TransUnion brand.
What You’ll Bring
- Master’sor PhD degree in statistics, applied mathematics, financial mathematics,engineering, operations research, or another highly quantitative field. Atrack record of academic excellence
- Atleast one (1) year of professional experience performing analytic work inFinancial Services or related industries
- Experienceand demonstrated success in client-facing roles over a period of at least one(1) year
- Abilityto travel 10-20%
- Stronganalytical, critical thinking, and creative problem solving skills
- Advancedprogramming skills; proficiency with a statistical language such as R or SAS;experience using other programming and data manipulation languages preferred(SQL, Hive, Pig, Python, C/C , Java); high level of familiarity with MicrosoftOffice tools
- Versatileinterpersonal and communication style with the ability to effectivelycommunicate at multiple levels within and outside the organization; ability towork in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Strongproject management skills with the ability to manage multiple assignmentseffectively
Weaim high — and are reaching for new heights every day. This is a terrific timeto join our team as we build on our commitment to integrity, service, reliabilityand innovation. These values stand behind the decisions we make every day, aswell as our relationships at work and with the customers we serve. We believein the power to achieve and are taking it in bold new directions.
Who We Are
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investment worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We’re on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Technical Systems Engineer
TC’s main responsibility is to make sure all of the TransUnion Windows-based systems, across every office, are fully operational and available at all times.
Back to top