Agile Product Owner
"TransUnion is committed to finding innovative ways information can be used to help businesses and consumers make smarter decisions." - Chris Cartwright, President of US Information Services
What we'll bring:
- A welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
What you'll bring:
- Experience driving teams and management to decisions
- Experience working with cross functional teams
- Experience with business intelligence and analytics software (i.e. Tableau etc.) functionality
- Experience with database and Network concepts
- Excellent communication skills and business process knowledge
- Practical understanding of Scrum principles and practices
- Bachelor's Degree
We'd love to see:
Experience in working with Agile / Scrum work environment as a Product Owner, Scrum Master, or Business Analyst: writing user stories, and following the development process through user story acceptance
- Experience systematically analyzing problems, drawing relevant conclusions, and devising appropriate courses of action
Impact you'll make:
The Business Intelligence Information Services Product Owner will drive value by adding capabilities and deliver high quality Business Intelligence reporting and solutions using our "Big Data" Platform. You will help support multiple vertical businesses including Financial Services, Insurance, and Government.
Voice of the business to the Reporting and ETL Developer team
- Represent capabilities and features at team level in supporting Scrum Framework
- Ensure traceability between requirements to Features to user stories
- Review of test cases against user stories acceptance criteria
- Prioritize the Product Backlog based on customer feedback, market changes and business priority as communicated by the Product Manager
- Formally accept the user stories once all acceptance criteria are met and demo-ed
- Participate in Product Backlog grooming sessions, retrospectives, defect management and project team's release planning sessions
Back to top