Advisor- Product Strategy- Fraud and Identity
Advisor, Product Strategy - Fraud & Identity Solutions
Dynamics of the Role
The Advisor, Product Strategy is responsible for the definition of the product vision and strategic solution roadmap for TransUnion's Fraud and Identity Solutions business. You will bring a deep understanding of market and competitive dynamics to define innovative solutions to evolving market problems. You will engage and influence key internal business owners and partner with product development and external stakeholders to define, prioritize and launch new capabilities and products. You will also represent TransUnion as an expert and thought leader in the market.
The Team's Focus
TransUnion Fraud and Identity Solutions business provides solutions to help businesses and consumers establish and maintain trusted relationships with each other. We deliver solutions that enable customers in our core vertical markets to make secure, convenient and confident identity risk decisions throughout the customer life-cycle. The product strategy team collaborates across multiple vertical lines of business and other cross-functional groups (Product Development, Finance, Marketing, etc.) to develop business plans, identify and evaluate new opportunities, and support go-to-market execution strategies.
How You Will Contribute
We are looking for an experienced and highly-motivated individual who can thrive within a matrixed organization to drive innovation and competitive differentiation for TransUnion. Success will require strong analytical skills, business acumen, and the ability to effectively communicate and influence business leaders across the enterprise.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with business and product development teams to define and manage the strategic product roadmap and rationalize priorities
- Define functional architectures that leverage and extend TransUnion data and information networks to deliver analytics and decision services
- Create strategic and financial business cases for new product development
- Maintain deep knowledge of TransUnion product offerings and the competitive landscape to influence the product portfolio strategy
- Collect and analyze product performance data and combine with internal research to inform new capability enhancement
- Identify and engage external data and solution partnerships that can support the immediate roadmap and longer-term transformational opportunities
- Maintain a channel product strategy to optimize distribution of TransUnion solutions
- Participate in the identification and assessment of acquisition and investment opportunities, including research, business plan development and due diligence
- Partner with international teams to define shared product, data and analytic capabilities that address common needs and accelerate global scale
- Serve as an industry expert and represent Transunion as a credible thought leader in industry and customer engagements
- Identify and participate in internal research requirements to identify or validate new capabilities or market positioning
- Lead internal intellectual property protection efforts for new innovations
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, mathematics, computer science or a related field; MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- 8 years of progressive experience in product management and experience setting strategic direction
- Strong knowledge and experience with data-centric analytical products, preferably supporting identity and fraud or other risk solutions
- 5 years of experience working with one or more core TransUnion industries (Financial Services, Insurance, Government, Healthcare, Retail, Telecommunications)
- Proven record leading creative problem solving and innovation in complex business environments
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships, work collaboratively and deliver results across a highly matrixed organization
- Strong track record planning, managing and delivering complex initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a compelling executive presence
- Ability to conceptualize and document complex product solutions and go-to-market strategies to convert innovative products to real revenue
- Strong business development, analytical, negotiation and communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel 15-25% of the time
What We Offer
We aim high — and are reaching for new heights every day. This is a terrific time to join our team as we build on our commitment to integrity, service, reliability and innovation. These values stand behind the decisions we make every day, as well as our relationships at work and with the customers we serve. We believe in the power to achieve and are taking it in bold new directions.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top