Ab Initio Specialist
Dynamics of the Role
This role will design and develop applications in Ab Initio. The associate is accountable for successful analysis and implementation of business requirements by developing an end to end processing solution that includes design, development, test, delivery and documentation.
The Team's Focus
The Application Development and Design team supports TransUnion's business and consumer systems by improving the efficiency of business operations, applications and operating systems. Flexibility and openness are valued in our entrepreneurial, business-casual environment. We appreciate quick-learning IT professionals with inner drive, a strong work ethic and the desire to grow.
How You'll Contribute:
- Partner with internal business resources and technical teams to analyze requirements to deliver solutions to complex issues.
- Participate in development and oversee maintenance of code to ensure consistency, quality and performance of applications.
- Train, coach and support the broader Ab Initio product suite across the organization
What You'll Bring:
- 3-5 years of hands on experience developing and designing strong Ab Initio based solutions.
- Continuous Flows strongly preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of how Ab Initio applications and systems interact with the underlying hardware ecosystem
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of several advanced Ab Initio concepts such as, project architecture, meta-programming, vectors, parallelism, performance tuning, debugging
- Experience working in an agile project development lifecycle
- Strong communication skills that create effective cross team collaboration and quality documentation.
- Ability to think outside the box and apply unconventional solutions to conventional problems.
- Proficiency with Linux, including strong shell scripting skills.
- Experience with the broader Ab Initio tool suite such as Express>It, Control Center, BRE and Metadata Hub a plus.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top