Ab Initio Developer
Dynamics of the Role
As a member of the Global Technology practice, this Information Technology Senior Developer / Developer role will be participate in the design and development of complex Ab Initio applications. The role is also responsible for helping to define, implement and enforce standards and best practices across the organization.
The Team's Focus
The Application Development and Design team supports TransUnion's global business and consumer systems by improving the efficiency of business operations, applications and operating systems. Flexibility and openness are valued in our entrepreneurial, business-casual environment. We appreciate quick-learning IT professionals with inner drive, a strong work ethic and the desire to grow.
At Transunion, Abinitio is not used as just another ETL tool but an end to end data processing solution. We use the full Abinitio product suite across projects and set standards globally on leveraging the product to its full capacity.
How You Will Contribute
• Partner with global Transunion business resources and technical teams to analyze and implement requirements
• Participate in development and deliver code with consistency, quality, best practices and performance of applications
• Collaborate closely with cross-functional technology teams.
• Ensure Transunion design patterns, frameworks, and architectural standards are implemented consistently across the organization
• Accountability for quality of code and application development.
What You Will Bring
• 3+ years of hands on experience developing and designing strong Ab Initio based solutions
• Experience with the broader Abinitio tool suite such as Express>It, Continuous Flows, Control Center, Query>it is a definite advantage.
• Strong communication skills that create effective cross team collaboration and quality documentation
• Ability to think outside the box and apply unconventional solutions to conventional problems
• Proficiency with Linux, including strong shell scripting skills
• Demonstrated understanding of how Ab Initio applications and systems interact with the underlying hardware ecosystem
• Experience working in an agile project development lifecycle
• Strong in-depth knowledge of databases and database concepts
• Ability to demonstrate knowledge of several advanced Ab Initio concepts such as, project architecture, meta-programming, vectors, parallelism, performance tuning, debugging, SMP/MPP architectures, platform integrations (Hadoop, Java, C, etc.)
• CI/CD, Jenkins, automation experience a plus
• Domestic and/or international travel may be required
What We Offer
We aim high - and are reaching for new heights every day. This is a terrific time to join our team as we build on our commitment to integrity, service, reliability and innovation. These values stand behind the decisions we make every day, as well as our relationships at work and with the customers we serve. We believe in the power to achieve and are taking it in bold new directions.
Who We Are
A global leader in credit information and information management services, Transunion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investment worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We're on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top