Ab Initio Application Support Specialist
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We are consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team - you'll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- 3+ years of hands on experience developing and designing strong Ab Initio based solutions.
- Experience with the broader Ab Initio tool suite such as Express>It, Continuous Flows, Control Center is a plus.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of advance Ab Initio concepts such as, project architecture, meta-programming, vectors, parallelism, performance tuning, debugging, SMP/MPP architectures, platform integrations (Hadoop, Java, C, etc.)
- Proficiency with Linux, including strong shell scripting skills.
- Experience in an application development and/or systems support position using Linux, Oracle, AutoSys, Splunk, Truesight and/or Zenoss, Service Now and/or Remedy, Agile Central.
- Previous experience managing and supporting highly scalable distributed systems.
- Ability to automate through scripting and configuration management with tools like Bash, Shell, and/or Perl.
- Ability to follow a data base model and craft SQL queries for data analysis from a data warehousing perspective.
- Hands on experience with container based deployments, like Build Forge, along with configuration management tools would be a plus.
We'd Love to See:
- Degree in Computer Science and/or related degree.
- Hands on experience with Java based applications.
- An architectural level knowledge of application infrastructures.
- Familiarity with RunDeck would be a plus.
Impact You'll Make:
- You'll join a team that uses procedures, scripts, database queries, and other tools to analyze and resolve application issues in a variety of open system infrastructures supporting our Online Fulfillment environment.
- You'll work with business partners communicating information about system health, outages, and/or statuses of support requests.
- You'll maintain and create new support tools that can help automate process and provide additional monitoring, alerting, and reporting for our production systems.
- You'll be directly responsible for maximizing system availability.
- You'll help users with application questions and issues.
- You'll research, troubleshoot, diagnose, and recommend solutions to increasingly complex business or technical problems.
- You'll capture metrics regarding performance and capacity, stability, and value that drive business decisions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Consultant, Applications Support
Back to top