Senior Robotics Engineer
TransEnterix is hiring a Senior Robotics Engineer to join our team. This is a unique opportunity to be an important part of the development of a next-generation surgical robotics system. This highly visible role drives decision making and provides systems level support for front-end development efforts focused on exploring next-generation architectures and optimization of current architectures. This role will involve the integration of complex mechanical, electrical, and software components as part of the design and development and commercialization of a surgical robot.
A successful candidate will have a background in solving complex problems and the ability to collaborate with multiple disciplines with a drive to make a difference in the surgical robotics industry.
- Perform deep kinematic and dynamic modeling of kinematic structures and develop new manipulator control algorithms associated with surgical robotic systems.
- Develop the control algorithms and drive the architecture of the electromechanical systems needed for the precise movement and control of a surgical robot.
- Work collaboratively with a cross-functional team to generate new product ideas and understand the key components relating to the control of surgical robotic systems.
- Research, test, and select various electronics, including motors, sensors, communication technologies, etc.to meet system requirements.
- Build and test complex electromechanical systems and test beds.
- Prepare and review technical documentation, including formal reports when necessary, such as intellectual property, product specifications, regulatory requirements, verification testing, etc.
- Interact with Surgeons, Customers, and the Marketing team to define customer requirements and evaluate the performance of current and concept systems.
- Be a Mentor to Robotics Engineers on the team.
- Develop robotics knowledge within the cross functional organization.
- Ph.D. or M.S. in electrical engineering, computer science, mechanical engineering, or a related degree
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- Solid understanding of robotic manipulator kinematics and dynamics
- Strong background in physics and mathematics
- Strong understanding of control theory
- Experience with robotic manipulator control algorithms
- Experience in controller design for electromechanical systems
- Experience in testing debugging electromechanical systems
- Experience with object-oriented programming and software architecture design
- Experience in system modeling and simulation using MATLAB/Simulink
- Experience working with C, C++, and version control software
- Experience with real-time C++ software development preferred
- Experience with haptic device modeling, design, and control preferred
- Experience working with impedance/admittance control preferred
- Experience with collaborative robotics preferred
- Experience with embedded system design and programming preferred
Back to top