Senior Product Development Engineer
TransEnterix is hiring a Sr. Product Development Engineer to join our team. This is a unique opportunity to be an important part of a growing surgical technology company at the forefront of Digital Laparoscopy.
This role participates in the development of new features and enhancements of the Senhance system. This role will involve design and testing of mechanical components as part of the development, and commercialization in digital laparoscopy. A successful candidate will have a background in solving complex problems and the ability to collaborate with multiple disciplines with a drive to make a difference.
- Lead activities relating to the building, testing and evaluation of a surgical device or system.
- Contributes to the completion of routine technical tasks as directed.
- Develop detailed technical requirements, designs, and bench verification.
- Applies basic technical principles and concepts to the engineering tasks asked to complete.
- Drive complaint resolution with clinical and commercial teams
- Understand voice of customer as relating to product enhancements
- Review and analyze, including formal reports, such things as product concepts, requirements, test results, patents, etc.
- Comply with regulatory requirements, including company design control procedures.
- Design optimization for cost, manufacturing or assembly.
- Assist in document control and maintenance of design history file.
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity within an engineering discipline
- Applies basic technical principles and concepts to the engineering tasks asked to complete
- All Other Essential Duties as directed
- BS or MS in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering Required
- Minimum 7 years' experience in Medical Device
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to cross-reference documentation from different areas to ensure consistency and compliance to established requirements.
- Proven ability to interpret, analyze, and present technical information using practical judgment.
- Capable of working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Passion for solving problems
- Experience in Solidworks or similar CAD/CAM programs preferred
- Experience in sustaining a product and new product development preferred
Back to top