Sr. Software Engineer
We are looking for an experienced developer to help us make an impact on the state of software security. You will work with a small team of developers to make complex, cutting edge security research tools designed by our internal R&D teams, accessible to both developers and the general public. Your first project will be helping us build a large-scale continuous integration security platform for auditing smart contracts.
Ideally, you love approaching new challenges and working across business functions to enhance and build new products. You will play a key role in our team, working alongside other engineers, project managers, and customers to continually evolve and help scale our business. You will have 3+ years of professional experience in designing, developing and implementing scalable solutions.
Since 2012, Trail of Bits has helped secure some of the world’s most targeted organizations and products. We combine high-end security research with a real-world attacker mentality to reduce risk and fortify code. Our growing team is directing the future of security. We review code and smart contracts for security vulnerabilities and build custom tools like Manticore, Ethersplay, Slither, and Echidna to aid our process.
- Contribute to all development aspects of consumer facing products
- Iteratively build and release new features on a continuous basis
- Identify ways that we can improve our existing code, and build out new features
- Be capable of self-guided work based on emerging functionality and user demand
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- A passion for creating high quality software
- Relevant experience with modern frontend frameworks such as ReactJS
- Attention to technical detail and design
- Experience with Docker and AWS
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate those into technical solutions
- Experience in implementing solutions and features in a fast-paced environment
- Strong collaboration skills
- Desire to grow as a developer
- Our workforce is 50% remote. Many employees choose to work from home. As long as you keep delivering good work, we keep our hands off your personal style and let you manage your work day as you work best.
- Liberal expense policy for acquiring the equipment and software that help you do your job. If we need hardware, we buy it. Everyone has rack space and corporate cards.
- We can tell you exactly what projects you'll work on and the people you'll work with. If it's not what you want, no need to initiate a lateral transfer, we can shift your work without an issue.
- Every year, we pay for the best in conference training, technical training, and managerial classes for our team. Everyone is encouraged to identify additional opportunities for personal professional growth.
- We routinely highlight the work our employees are specifically paid to do via our blog, product offerings, and conference talks. We talk about more than just side projects.
- We're at the forefront of a number of markets and have the internal expertise and the ambition to capitalize on those opportunities. See your work in use and valued by many others.
Benefits for Eligible US Employees
- Multiple generous health, vision, and dental insurance plans including no-monthly-premium options supporting individuals and families through JustWorks
- Ancillary benefits including life and disability insurance, pre-tax commuter benefits, free Citi Bike membership, access to a HealthAdvocate, a healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and a free One Medical membership
- 3-4 months paid parental leave
- 401k with 5% company matching through Betterment
- Moving expenses: $5k one-time
- Charitable donation matching up to $1,000
- Bonuses for recruiting, public speaking, tool releases, blog posts, academic posters, proposals, and whitepapers, and end-of-year bonuses based on company, team, and personal performance
- 14 company holidays and four weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO)
Back to top