About Trail of Bits
Trail of Bits helps secure the world’s most targeted organizations and products. We combine high-end security research with a real-world attacker mentality to reduce risk and fortify code.
As a cybersecurity research and consulting firm, we serve clients in the defense, tech, finance, and blockchain industries. We help with their most difficult security challenges by designing and building new technology, researching new techniques to advance the state of practice, and reviewing the security of the latest available technology products before they hit the market.
Our team consumes, produces, and presents research as a natural part of doing business. When we make new discoveries or developments, we strive to share our knowledge and release our tools as open-source. It’s a practice that’s earned us industry accolades and helped contribute to our double-digit bottom-line growth.
Trail of Bits is looking for a Project Manager to keep our client engagements flowing seamlessly. You will join the Professional Services team supporting the Research and Engineering practices, where we engage with clients to build security products. Much of our projects are years-long and return-clients so you will work with the same client for an extended period. You will be responsible for leading customer calls and facilitating project lifecycles.
- Engage with the engineering team to set project milestones and resource planning.
- Oversee projects with multiple phases, teams, and stakeholders — often distributed across multiple time zones — inception, issue tracking, weekly report creation, and final deliverables.
- Conduct inception meetings at the beginning of projects to define scope and goals.
- Manage the budgets and schedules for long-term research and development projects.
- Understand end-user needs for program analysis and security tools.
- Work with engineers to develop plans for maturing and transitioning research projects into more sophisticated and reliable products.
- Conduct retrospective meetings and document lessons learned.
- Collaborate with the technical team to write technical progress reports for customers and help improve user and developer manuals for security tools.
- Develop and maintain the team’s skill matrix to align the best expertise with a project’s needs.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction.
- Readily adapt to changes in schedule, team, and logistics while maintaining scope.
- Provide project oversight and escalate issues as appropriate and own the success or failure of those projects.
- 2-7 years of client-facing project management experience preferred
- Experience in managing long term research projects from inception through contract completion
- Familiarity with the concepts of program analysis and security tools
- Experience managing technical services teams, especially in security consulting
- Proficient experience in GitHub and Google SuiteExperience with Unanet, Forecast, and Nifty a plus
- Verbal and written communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Experience in a collaborative work environment distributed across multiple timezones
- Advanced remote team and meeting management skills
- Ability to motivate and encourage other team members to solve research problems
- Experience managing client relationships and long term projects
- Must live in the United States
- Before, during and after COVID-19, our workforce works flexibly. Many employees choose to work from home around the globe. As long as you deliver against your goals, we encourage you to harness your personal working style to let you work best.
- Liberal expense policy for acquiring the equipment and software that help you do your job. If we need hardware to work effectively, we buy it.
- We offer exceptional and tailored technical, leadership and organizational training for our team members. Everyone is encouraged to identify additional opportunities for personal professional growth with working at Trail of Bits.
- We routinely highlight the amazing work our employees do via our blog, product offerings, and conference talks. We celebrate you!
- We're at the forefront of a number of markets and have the internal expertise and the ambition to capitalize on those opportunities. Our employees see their work in use and valued by many others.
- Multiple generous health, vision, and dental insurance plans including no-monthly-premium options supporting individuals and families through Justworks.
- Ancillary benefits including life and disability insurance, pre-tax commuter benefits, free Citi Bike membership, access to a HealthAdvocate, a healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and a free One Medical membership.
- 14 paid company holidays and four weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO).
- 3-4 months paid parental leave.
- 401k with 5% company matching through Betterment.
- Annual charitable donation matching up to $2,000.
- Bonuses for recruiting, public speaking, tool releases, blog posts, academic posters, proposals, and whitepapers, and end-of-year bonuses based on company, team, and personal performance.
- Carbon offsets for your personal and corporate carbon emissions through Project Wren.
Dedication to diversity, equity & inclusion
Trail of Bits is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace where our employees can thrive and be themselves! We welcome all persons into our community. We embrace the diversity of gender, gender identity or expression, race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical and mental disabilities, medical condition, genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, marital status, family care or medical leave status, military or veteran status, or perceived membership in any of these groups.