Blockchain Security Engineer
Join our Blockchain Security team!
Our growing team is directing the future of blockchain security. We review blockchain code and smart contracts for security vulnerabilities. Between engagements, we build custom tools like Manticore, Ethersplay, Slither, and Echidna to aid our process. Think of all of the security tools for x86 that you would have liked to have built yourself, but mature versions already existed. Few of those tools have been built yet for blockchain architectures. Join us to make a career-defining contribution.
You will be at the forefront of blockchain security research. You will audit smart contracts, blockchain infrastructure code, and decentralized applications for security vulnerabilities using a combination of manual static analysis and our tool suite. In your time between engagements, you will help improve our existing tooling and create new tools and analytics. Other practitioners will come to rely on your work. You will make a name for yourself in this nascent discipline.
- Work directly with the leading blockchain industry teams to review their code and help secure their products
- Design and implement solutions to difficult engineering and research problems
- Collaborate with teammates to maintain and continually improve our existing blockchain security tools using modern software engineering practices
- Develop new blockchain security tools
- A working understanding of the Ethereum Virtual Machine and Yellow Paper
- Fluency in Solidity, Python 2, and Python 3
- Experience with library and API design
- A high level understanding of common cryptographic vulnerabilities
- Proficiency with Linux and Git
- Strong debugging skills and/or experience with reverse engineering
- Great written communication skills. We highly encourage all engineers to get regular face-time with customers, to write company blog posts about their accomplishments, and to deliver presentations to the technical community.
- Our workforce is 50% remote. Many employees choose to work from home. As long as you keep delivering good work, we keep our hands off your personal style and let you manage your work day as you work best.
- Liberal expense policy for acquiring the equipment and software that help you do your job. If we need hardware, we buy it. Everyone has rack space and corporate cards.
- We can tell you exactly what projects you'll work on and the people you'll work with. If it's not what you want, no need to initiate a lateral transfer, we can shift your work without an issue.
- Every year, we pay for the best in conference training, technical training, and managerial classes for our team. Everyone is encouraged to identify additional opportunities for personal professional growth.
- We routinely highlight the work our employees are specifically paid to do via our blog, product offerings, and conference talks. We talk about more than just side projects.
- We're at the forefront of a number of markets and have the internal expertise and the ambition to capitalize on those opportunities. See your work in use and valued by many others.
Benefits for Eligible US Employees
- Multiple generous health, vision, and dental insurance plans including no-monthly-premium options supporting individuals and families through JustWorks
- Ancillary benefits including life and disability insurance, pre-tax commuter benefits, free Citi Bike membership, access to a HealthAdvocate, a healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and a free One Medical membership
- 3-4 months paid parental leave
- 401k with 5% company matching through Betterment
- Moving expenses: $5k one-time
- Charitable donation matching up to $1,000
- Bonuses for recruiting, public speaking, tool releases, blog posts, academic posters, proposals, and whitepapers, and end-of-year bonuses based on company, team, and personal performance
- 14 company holidays and four weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO)
Back to top