Integration Onboarding & Support Specialist
BidFX is seeking a bright and motivated person to join our Integration team in New York as a client onboarding and higher level support specialist.
BidFX is a fin-tech start-up on a mission to disrupt the foreign exchange market, applying innovative technology to tap FX liquidity. Foreign exchange is the largest financial market in the world with $6 trillion traded every day. BidFX is a fast-growing company with aspirations to capture a sizable slice of those trades. We aim to connect the world of finance. We operate a successful core trading platform, with direct connectivity to major banks, fronted by sophisticated trading user interfaces for web and mobile. We seek talented people who wish to help us fulfil our vision and share in our success. We value diversity and offer equal opportunities to all applicants.
BidFX systems trade tens of billions of dollars daily, and our volumes are growing steadily year on year. We plan to expand our team to match our revenue performance. In part, we will achieve this by recruiting and training some of the best individuals in the market.
You will be enthusiastic, organised and adaptable: a quick learner, able to pick up new skills with ease. You will be dedicated to quality and have a passion for problem-solving. You will also have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to fit easily into a multidisciplinary team.
The role will involve setting up our buy side clients to be able to trade a variety of FX deal types with Liquidity providers and assisting the team with support enquiries from clients and the Sales/Account Management team.
The role will give you the opportunity to hone your technical skills and learn a series of new skills relevant to the electronic trading industry including:
- FIX - this is a specialist skill within the integration team and you will become an expert in this discipline working in this role alongside experienced consultants.
- FX knowledge and client workflows - BidFX prides itself on providing customised solutions to its clients and your role in the team will give you exposure to these
- Working with development to help design solutions and fixes where required
- You will get the opportunity to work with and pick up a variety of other technical skills including XML/ATDL, SQL, Groovy, TCP/IP, SSL encryption, REST and C~ Trading/Pricing APIs
The role will provide you with a great understanding of financial trading technology and the FX market. You will gain experience working and dealing with prestigious buy and sell side firms as well as interfacing with technical and non-technical teams. You will be trained to understand the Financial Exchange Protocol (FIX) used extensively throughout the electronic trading industry. A career with BidFX entails working in tight technical teams, covering a wide variety of skills in a high tech, fast growing firm with a strong and fun company culture.
To join our integration team, you will need to have:
- Ideally a degree in a STEM subject (Engineering/Maths/Science etc) or Computer Science
- Some experience using FIX protocol
- Basic Linux/Unix skills
- Some programming/scripting experience desirable
- Basic understanding of networking/connectivity concepts
- Excellent written and spoken in English
- Proven analytical problem-solving skills
- An interest in learning new technical skills across a variety of different disciplines
- A keen interest in finance with some experience of FX or another relevant asset class (Equities/Futures/Options/Fixed Income)
- Right to work in the US without requiring US visa sponsorship.
We'll provide you with a generous salary that compares with the best in our sector. A full benefits package that encompasses pension, private healthcare and dental cover. Our annual bonus scheme rewards performance and lets loyal staff to share in our joint success.
BidFX commit to investing in your future. You will receive ongoing training and mentoring in your team from whom you will learn new techniques to hone your craft. We will also allocate you with a personal training budget dedicated to your onward career development.
The little things in life help. Additional small perks include a yearly training and development credit, monthly office lunches with your colleagues, office drinks on Friday afternoons, and regular optional social activities.
BidFX is a friendly, casual and fun place to work. Our US office is in the heart of New York's midtown. The area is pleasant, well connected, with a relaxed vibe, lots of great eateries and plenty of shopping options.
Back to top