- Jersey City, NJ
The Linux engineering team are responsible for Tradeweb's Linux runtime environment. As a member of this global team, you will play a vital part in the strategy and operations of the firm. You will be heavily involved in the hardening of the OS, development and running of deployment tooling, and optimization of the platform for a low latency environment. In addition, you will also be asked to plan and execute the provisioning of new installations and the upgrades/patches of current deployments.
The preferred candidate is a self-starter and well-rounded professional with strong knowledge in systems, system administration, systems engineering, storage, security and networking. The candidate should be passionate about technology and eager to work with team members in a fast-paced environment developing solutions supporting business objectives.
- Designing and implementing system architecture and operational duties for the firm's Linux platform across all business lines.
- Automate deployment and routine maintenance of the environment.
- Build and deploy infrastructure, security and application monitoring tooling.
- Work closely with the InfoSec team to provide detailed and actionable system logs to the SOC.
- Define and monitor system SLA, build alarming and escalation procedures.
- Monitor and mitigate (through rolling patching) Linux security issues and vulnerabilities.
- Provide assistance to application teams to debug performance/availability issues and provide subject matter expertise to application support teams.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to support your environment.
- Perform detailed root cause analysis and write clear and detailed post mortem reports including suggested long term mitigation and remediation projects.
- Proactively monitor utilization and performance and recommend capacity management strategies.
- Accurately and completely document the environment and management processes.
- Plan DR and BCP strategies and participate in implementation.
- Detailed knowledge of the Linux platform, including regular system administration, kernel optimization, OS hardening and the Linux networking stack.
- Solid networking skills, ability to debug networking issues using standard Linux tooling.
- Good understanding with various storage technologies and SAN/NAS protocols.
- Demonstrated experience debugging OS issues in a complex business environment.
- Experience with one or more virtualization environment in a production setting.
- Strong sense of system hygiene and attention to detail, focused to drive projects to completion.
- Strong proclivity for automation, including demonstrated experience building automated deployment tooling for Linux. Experience with Ansible a plus.
- Bias for infrastructure as code.
- Demonstrated coding ability, especially in the area of system automation, preferred languages Python and Java. Experience with C++ and plus.
- Detailed understanding of container runtimes, with production experience considered a strong plus.
- Container orchestration experience a plus, e.g. K8s
- Experience in a low latency environment a strong plus, e.g. Solarflare OpenOnload
- Experience deploying and managing several infrastructure and application monitoring tools and using those tools to make data driven operational decisions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Tradeweb Markets Inc. (NASDAQ: TW) is a leading, global operator of electronic marketplaces for rates, credit, equities and money markets. Founded in 1996, Tradeweb provides access to markets, data and analytics, electronic trading, straight-through-processing and reporting for more than 40 products to clients in the institutional, wholesale and retail markets. Advanced technologies developed by Tradeweb enhance price discovery, order execution and trade workflows while allowing for greater scale and helping to reduce risks in client trading operations. Tradeweb serves approximately 2,500 clients in more than 60 countries. For more information, please go to www.tradeweb.com .
Tradeweb Markets LLC ("Tradeweb") is proud to be an EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Affirmative Action Employer.
Back to top