APA Application Support Engineer
Tradeweb is a leading operator of fixed income and derivatives markets, with a network in excess of 2,000 institutional clients and more than 50 dealers. Tradeweb serves the dealer-to-customer markets through the Tradeweb institutional platform, inter-dealer trading through Dealerweb, and the retail fixed income community on Tradeweb Direct. Customers rely on Tradeweb to drive the evolution of fixed income and derivatives through flexible trading architecture and more efficient, transparent markets. Since the company started in 1998, it has partnered with its clients to provide an unmatched level of innovation, product development and service by applying technology to enhance and improve the trade lifecycle. Tradeweb pioneered straight-through-processing in fixed income and now supports marketplaces for over 25 asset classes with electronic execution, processing, post-trade analysis and market data in an integrated workflow. Tradeweb data has become the benchmark for the industry - providing industry-standard pricing, execution, and trade processing services to all the major participants in both institutional and retail sectors. Tradeweb market data is also available on Thomson Reuters Eikon. Tradeweb is majority owned by Thomson Reuters and with minority investment by 10 leading global banks.
Owing to the creation of a new business line requiring an entirely new technology solution, an application software engineer is required to join the support team. The primary focus of the new hire will be working on the system maintaining both test and production environments.
- Manage and support a business critical transactional system.
- Communicate effectively with business and technology clients, both internally and externally, to deliver upon agreed SLAs.
- Deploy complex in-house applications.
- Manage the full cycle of issue resolution. From helping to identify the issue and impact, containing the problem, working with development, managing client communication and expectations and organize the delivery of the solution to the production environment.
- Identify and develop tools and utilities to improve system monitoring or to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Ensure compliance with departmental policies (i.e. change management, IT security standards, release management, incident management)
- Work through Annual Disaster Recovery testing and BCP planning
- Experience of working on a real-time transactional systems
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver under tight deadlines
- Enthusiastic and flexible individual who is able to work as part of a team but also able to work work alone with little supervision
- Strong communications skills with a demonstrable ability to interact and influence at all levels within the organization as well as with clients
- Experience of managing, owning and delivering high quality projects to objectives and within time scales.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing work streams simultaneously
- Hands-on approach with ability to deliver to commitments
- Strong customer service focus with a desire to deliver a high quality service
- A desire to learn and improve skills and knowledge
- Good working knowledge of application integration and testing
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows and Linux
- Good working knowledge of Network elements
- Understanding of Infrastructure/Server components
- Good scripting skills. (PERL, Python, etc)
- Experience supporting a Cassandra DB
- C++ experience in a Microsoft Windows development environment, utilizing object oriented programming techniques. Visual C++ is preferred.
- Experience working with relational databases. SQL server preferred.
- Excellent documentation skills
- Knowledge and experience in database & manipulation. A technical background, with a good understanding of a range of enterprise technologies, networking & hardware infrastructure
- Knowledge of Elastic DB and FIX protocol is desirable.
Hours of Work
The candidate will be required to work on a rotating shift pattern. The shifts are structured to ensure coverage for the start of day/end of day system checks and production operating hours. The early shift will start at 4am and expected to be covered remotely. Other shifts will be covered from the London office. The operating hours are subject to change and the Support team is required to be flexible to accommodate.
Occasional weekend and evening work will be required.
Back to top