Web Developer, Tough Mudder Bootcamp
Tough Mudder’s mission is to grow a global tribe that lives courage, personal accomplishment, teamwork, and fun. From day one, we’ve built a culture to reflect that philosophy, bringing on quirky people who are great at what they do and passionate about our events and customers. Together we have created a company that has become a movement. In just five years, we've had over two million people participate in 100+ events across three continents, and opened international offices in the US, UK and Australia. Tough Mudder Bootcamp is Tough Mudder’s latest growth engine - a studio fitness offering that bring Tough Mudder branded gyms to local communities. The opportunity ahead of us is vast, and we continue to look for the best and brightest to join us.
Tough Mudder’s flagship U.S. office is located in downtown Brooklyn, arguably the creative capital of New York City. Joining our team offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for those dedicated few who share the goal of delivering great experiences for our participants. We’re on the lookout for people who want more than a job or even a career – they want to help build a company that changes the lives of millions of people for the better. As a member of TMHQ, you’ll be given an opportunity to push your boundaries and find out what you’re capable of, to work with and learn from incredibly smart colleagues, and to enjoy the journey of building a world-class company.
Sound like something you can get on board with?
Tough Mudder is searching for a Web Developer who will lead the technology topic for its latest growth project - Tough Mudder Bootcamp. Specifically, this role will be responsible for working on the front-end and server-side code required to build highly scalable, interactive websites and web-platforms. This individual will be the technology lead for development initiatives across the business, but will also be comfortable working with and supporting external developer vendors.
Architecture design - The successful candidate will be required to come up with appropriate architecture and technical solutions for a wide range of web projects. The candidate may, at times, be required to research new technologies, methodologies, architecture patterns, develop a proof-of-concept and then create a full implementation plan based on best design pattern applicable to solving the problem. This individual will also be required to look at areas of re-use and architect solutions that can be easily integrated across products. He/She will also ensure that solutions are architected and implemented to scale with responsive, mobile first web design.
Developing Solutions – The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of different front-end and server-side programming languages and design patterns. He/She will be able to work closely with 3rd party digital creative agencies, project managers, and in-house and out-of-house engineers in building and implementing the right solution. Responsibility will include writing logic in the appropriate programming language to meet the functional requirements, as well as ensuring the appropriate test cases are implemented. This resource is also expected to ensure proper documentation of code before deployment to production systems.
Application or Website Support – The candidate in this position will provide all required development or operational support to ensure the website is performing to availability, load time and stability standards. Some of these tasks may require providing support outside of core business hours.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills using knowledge, experience and understanding of basic Internet concepts along with necessary software, databases and programming languages
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-moving marketing environment
- Intuitive feel for theToughMudderbrand and mission
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to think and react to situations confidently
- Detail oriented with excellent time management and organizational skills
- College degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5 – 6 years developing web applications and architectures to support high-traffic, scalable sites
- Previous experience in building mobile first responsive web sites for cross device compatibility.
- Proven ability to by example in the areas of code design, source code control, software life-cycle management, documentation, implementation, testing and production release of all software projects related to the environment.
- Experience managing (development and support) of multiple sites
- Experience with web development lifecycle including design, development, testing, and deployment
- Experience with web application architecture & design
- Experience with web development design patterns and best practices
- Experience with web application performance characteristics and best practices including front-end
- Demonstrable knowledge of best practice software development, QA, Source control
Tough Mudder is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top