Volunteer Operations Supervisor
Tough Mudder’s mission is to grow a global tribe that lives courage, personal accomplishment, teamwork, and fun. From day one, we’ve built a culture to reflect that philosophy, bringing on quirky people who are great at what they do and passionate about our events and customers. Together we have created a company that has become a movement. In just eight years, we've had over three and a half million people participate in 200+ events across three continents. The opportunity ahead of us is vast, and we continue to look for the best and brightest to join us.
Tough Mudder’s U.K. office is based in London. We’re on the lookout for people who want more than a job or even a career – that want to help build a company that changes the lives of millions of people for the better. As a member of TMHQ, you’ll be given an opportunity to push your boundaries and find out what you’re capable of, to work with and learn from incredibly smart colleagues, and to enjoy the journey of building a world-class company.
Sound like something you can get on board with?
The purpose of this role is to support the effective management of Tough Mudder’s global Volunteer Program for the UK & German markets. TheVolunteer Operations Supervisor will successfully manage the end-2-end volunteer journey and experience, ensuring we have the right number of volunteers in the right place at the right time to help us deliver great events. The role will also take the lead on managing various contractor relationships, whilst providing general support to the Operations Supervisor in the management of the base area.
- Work closely with the US Volunteer team to own Volunteer Program requirements within the UK & Germany
- Manage the end-2-end volunteer experience across all UK & German Tough Mudder events
- Ability to analyse and manipulate data producing weekly reports
- Effective use of Tough Mudder’s Volunteer Management System, to ensure volunteer supply meets operational requirements
- Carry out volunteer recruitment after identifying events for which this is necessary
- Briefing and training of various event workforce teams
- Strong desire and proactivity to continually innovate and improve the Workforce experience on site at Tough Mudder events
- Manage relationships with various workforce contractors
- Great at building and managing internal and external working relationships that support and further volunteer program objectives and general operations
- Managing welfare requirements for the full onsite team
- Responsibilities of this role will evolve with the continued development of the UK
& German Operations team and the Volunteer Program
- Excellent verbal/written communication in both English and German is a plus
- Strong Program / Project Management skills
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written including experience of public speaking and/or the ability to givepresentations, and facilitate group discussions
- Proven analytical skills and ability to analyse and draw recommendations from large amounts of data
- Confident in using avariety of software packages and/or online systems
- Ability to effectively plan and organize own workload and coordinate other resources to meet deadlines
- Excellent team working skills
- A high degree of personal motivation and a willingness to take on challenges
- Effective and adaptable in a constantly changing environment
- Plans ahead and manages time effectively
- Takes accountability and ownership of tasks and problems
- Driven by TM values
- Previous experience with Recruitment and Volunteers
- Proven ability to work with groups and other organisations to achieve agreed outcomes
- Ability of managing large volumes of data
- Demonstrated success and experience liaising with and managing a range of interested parties
- Ability to build credibility, respect and trust with others through depth of understanding and knowledge
- Experience of delivering high quality of work in a fast paced environment
Meet Some of Tough Mudder's Employees
Vicky heads up the planning of new Tough Mudder 5K obstacle events in cities all around the United Kingdom.
Back to top