Social Media Intern
Tough Mudder’s mission is “to create unconventional, life-changing experiences,” and from day one, we’ve built a culture to reflect that philosophy. TMHQ is full of quirky overachievers who are smart, passionate, and great at their jobs. And we all started somewhere. From CEO Will Dean to our newest employees, there was a time when each of us had a blank sheet of paper for a resume.
Our ideal intern wants more than a few lines on their resume – they want to help build a company that changes the lives of millions of people for the better. As a TMHQ intern, you’ll be given an opportunity to push your boundaries and find out what you’re capable of, to work with and learn from incredibly smart people, and, most of all, to enjoy the journey of building a world-class events organization.
Internship to begin in June and run through August. Minimum of TWO days per week.
- School credit
- Free entry to a 2018 Tough Mudder Full, Half or 5K event of your choice
- Metrocard/Travel Expenses
Sound like something you can get on board with?
Tough Mudder is seeking a Social Media Intern to assist the content marketing team and provide support in production and execution across all channels.
- Schedule content on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and blog channels
- Manage social influencer program including outreach, contract negotiation, content approval and recap analytics
- Source compelling visual assets (video/photo) for social posts
- Assist in community management across social platform
- Brainstorm with team on social and brand campaigns
- Support build out of creative content to be shared on social channels
- Assist in recap reporting for key brand campaigns
- Our ideal rockstar intern is a creative, forward thinking, social media wizard. You’re self-motivated, hard working, and a fast learner. You’re organized and detail-oriented. You have an eye for compelling imagery, creative flair, and are interested in content/social media creation and marketing. You enjoy working as part of a fast moving, collaborative team. You radiate positive energy, have a can-do attitude and are passionate about the work you do, no matter how small or large the project is.
- You eat, sleep and breathe content, but you don’t just consume it - you understand what the marketing play behind it is. No one’s foolin’ you.
- You come up with actionable creative ideas that would help grow social platforms through visual creative assets
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Facebook, Facebook live, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat + Instagram Stories
- Strong conversational writing skills a plus
- Understanding of the unique and quirky Tough Mudder brand voice and aesthetic
Meet Some of Tough Mudder's Employees
Vicky heads up the planning of new Tough Mudder 5K obstacle events in cities all around the United Kingdom.
Back to top