Senior Associate, Volunteer Operations & Analytics
Tough Mudder’s mission is to grow a global tribe that lives courage, personal accomplishment, teamwork, and fun. From day one, we’ve built a culture to reflect that philosophy, bringing on quirky people who are great at what they do and passionate about our events and customers. Together we have created a company that has become a movement. In just eight years, we've had over three and a half million people participate in 200+ events across three continents. The opportunity ahead of us is vast, and we continue to look for the best and brightest to join us.
Tough Mudder’s flagship U.S. office is located in downtown Brooklyn, arguably the creative capital of New York City. Joining our team offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for those dedicated few who share the goal of delivering great experiences for our participants. We’re on the lookout for people who want more than a job or even a career – they want to help build a company that changes the lives of millions of people for the better. As a member of TMHQ, you’ll be given an opportunity to push your boundaries and find out what you’re capable of, to work with and learn from incredibly smart colleagues, and to enjoy the journey of building a world-class company.
Sound like something you can get on board with?
This role is integral to the success of Tough Mudder HQ’s global Volunteer Program; one of the largest and most cohesive communities in the sporting world. The Senior Associate, Volunteer Operations and Analytics will manage the end-to-end volunteer journey across their suite of North American events, drive analysis of our Global Volunteer Program and manage volunteer customer service requests. It’s an incredible opportunity to build your recruitment and analytical skills on a world-leading operations team.
- Manage the end-to-end volunteer experience across a dedicated suite of North American events including recruitment, retention, training and event information
- Collect and analyze data from multiple sources to help drive the volunteer recruitment strategy
- Strong ability to research contacts and build a successful partnership in locations where we need more support
- Continually look for ways to innovate and improve the end-to-end volunteerexperience to increase satisfaction and remain industry leading
- Answer volunteer customer support questions in a timely and professional manner
- Responsibilities of this role will evolve with the continued development of the Volunteer Program and Tough Mudder HQ operational requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a meticulous attention to detail
- Comfortable building relationships from scratch into successful partnerships
- Customer-centric approach
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels both face to face and from a distance
- Comfortable taking initiatives to keep pushing boundaries
- Demonstrates a high degree of personal motivation and embraces a challenge
- Thrives at live events and is happy with some travel
- Bachelor's degree
- 1 - 3 years live events, strategy or community relations experience required
- Experience in working with, managing or being a volunteer
- Ideally has experience with Salesforce, Active ticketing platform and data analytic tools (Excel, Google Analytics, SPSS)
Tough Mudder is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top