Seasonal Operations Coordinator (UK)
- London, United Kingdom
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 16TH FEBRUARY 2020
Tough Mudder’s mission is to grow a global tribe that lives courage, personal accomplishment, teamwork, and fun. From day one, we’ve built a culture to reflect that philosophy, bringing on quirky people who are great at what they do and passionate about our events and customers.
Our ideal candidate wants more than a few lines on their resume – they want to help build a company that changes the lives of millions of people for the better. This role will give you the opportunity to push your boundaries and find out what you’re capable of, to work with and learn from incredibly smart people, and, most of all, to enjoy the journey of helping to market a world-class organization.
Sound like something you can get on board with?
Tough Mudder UK is looking for a Seasonal Operations Coordinator to join our London office to support the UK Operations team in the planning, delivery and administrative needs of the 2020 Tough Mudder UK event series. This position reports to the Senior Operations Manager and is a fixed-term 10 month (January– October 2020) entry-level role.
This role will be varied, predominantly supporting office-based event planning, but also as part of our event delivery team in the summer, and you’ll be supported to learn all there is to know about outdoor events. This role will provide a very solid foundation in event production working for a well-known and respected international brand. Importantly, Tough Mudder offers a relaxed work environment, working within a team of great people, in a fun London office. Interested? Read on!
Working closely with the Senior Operations Manager you will develop a thorough overview of the operations and finance functions of the business, and work to support the Ops team in fulfilling our obligations in these areas. You will work to communicate event details with contractors and crews; field enquiries and respond to these; prepare finance documents such as purchase orders and collate invoices; prepare checklists and documentation, including managing our accommodation requirements; and work with our Ops team colleagues on small projects as needed. This role will also involve some time working with the Operations Director to ensure the smooth running of the Tough Mudder office and our admin requirements.
As a guide, you will work with us -
- To prepare, edit and distribute event-specific documentation to various stakeholders
- To collate and manage invoices and purchase orders
- To liaise with internal and external stakeholders pre-event, during events and post-event
- To manage the all-important accommodation and travel needs of our staff, crew and contractors
- To assist in the running of the Tough Mudder office through a variety of admin tasks
- To research and recommend key inventory items, products and services to purchase
- To manage the Front of House operations of Mudder Village during a variety of our 2020 events
- To assist with the pre-event site build and post-event get-out, as required
As well as key office functions, you’ll have the opportunity to work away with us on-site at some events during the 2020 season, supporting on-site event delivery and operations, experiencing Tough Mudder events first hand.
You should have good experience with Microsoft Office and G Suite programs, and a willingness to learn more about these; a strong work ethic; confidence and a good sense of humour; and a commitment to creating and delivering outdoor events. Events experience is desirable but an enthusiasm for events and a logical, practical aptitude will also go a long way!
Importantly, you should demonstrate –
- An understanding of who we are and what we do
- A commitment to outdoor events, preferably mass participation or sport events
- Competence with a variety of administrative tasks
- The ability to work autonomously, managing your own time and prioritising your own workload
- Strong attention to detail and an organised approach to your work
- Competence with a variety of administrative tasks, particularly around invoicing.
- Confidence to be able to speak with colleagues, contractors, crew and customers
- A healthy sense of humour and a sense of fun!
- That you’re not afraid of hard work, as many of our summer weekends are spent in fields
- Admin experience using Excel, Word, Powerpoint and G Suite
- Events experience of some kind – wow us with your stories of past event success!
- Driver’s Licence preferred
- Flexibility to be able to travel away from London for some of our events
Back to top