Payroll & Accounts Payable Associate
- New York, NY
Tough Mudder’s mission is to grow a global tribe that lives courage, personal accomplishment, teamwork, and fun. From day one, we’ve built a culture to reflect that philosophy, bringing on quirky people who are great at what they do and passionate about our events and customers. Together we have created a company that has become a movement. The opportunity ahead of us is vast, and we continue to look for the best and brightest to join us.
Tough Mudder seeks an enthusiastic Payroll and AP Associate who will be responsible for processing the bi-weekly payroll and timecards for our US office as well as processing and inputting of invoices into the Company’s General Ledger system. They will work closely with the Accounting and HR departments.
- Verifying accuracy of payroll general ledger posting and payroll accounting
- Perform a wide variety of record keeping and payroll processing activities, including computing wage and overtime payments, calculating and recording payroll deductions.
- Administer 401(k) plan contributions, the health & wellness program, tuition assistance program and any additional benefits provided by the Company.
- Maintain accurate processing of all invoices received into the company’s General Ledger System
- Reconcile company business credit card expenses as well as general T&E reimbursements to employees
- Create and maintain timely and accurate filing of invoice and purchase order support.
- Ensure receipt of the Form W-9’s from all new vendors.
- Print and sort Accounts Payable checks as they are printed.
- Assist in the annual 1099 reporting process.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with vendors, employees, and other administrative departments in support of AP procedures
- Assist in special projects as assigned by management.
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Clear focus on delivering results and achieving objectives
- Team player with strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proactive and forward-thinking
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle many projects at once
- A high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field
- 2+ year of experience in accounting / bookkeeping role / payroll
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office particularly Excel
- Experience with Microsoft SL and/or Ultimate Software a plus
Back to top