Operations Supervisor Germany
- London, United Kingdom
Fluency in German and English is essential for this role
Tough Mudder’s mission is to grow a global tribe that lives courage, personal accomplishment, teamwork, and fun. From day one, we’ve built a culture to reflect that philosophy, bringing on quirky people who are great at what they do and passionate about our events and customers. Together we have created a company that has become a movement. We’ve had over 3M people participate, opened international offices in the UK, fundraised over $12M for charities and had over 15,000 people get Tough Mudder tattoos. The opportunity ahead of us is vast, and we continue to look for the best, brightest and most badass to join us.
Tough Mudder’s European office is based in London. We’re on the lookout for people who want more than a job or even a career – that want to help build a company that changes the lives of millions of people for the better. As a member of TMHQ, you’ll be given an opportunity to push your boundaries and find out what you’re capable of, to work with and learn from incredibly smart colleagues, and to enjoy the journey of building a world-class company.
Sound like something you can get on board with?
We are hiring for an Operations Supervisor, who will be a key part of the event planning & delivery team for our German events. This role is a fixed term, full-time position working out of the London Office or remotely from Germany. The primary responsibility of the Operations Supervisor is to create and manage an exceptional event experience within both the Mudder Village and Course area – focusing on maximising customer satisfaction whilst delivering a seamless, cost effective operation. The role holder will report into the Operations Manager, and will work closely with theOperations Coordinator,Workforce Supervisor andother central event services functions. There will be some travel and weekend work required in this role.
- Assist the Operations Manager with all event planning requirements
- Support the planning and delivery for all front of house aspects of the event. Specifically focus on design, set up and management of the Mudder Village and Course area
- Manage a key area during the live event
- Identify, negotiate terms and contract external vendors and service providers
- Identify and deliver opportunities to enhance customer satisfaction through the Mudder Village experience
- Ensure effective partner servicing and management
- Create event specific briefing documents for both internal and external use
- Manage staff on event weekends, including the sourcing of a number of staff for event week and event weekend operations
- Development and refinement of operational plans: Produce/contribute to key event documents.
- Create purchase orders, process invoices and ensure financial control documents are up to date and accurate
- Assist in post-event budget reconciliation
- Demonstrable project management and planning skills, ideally in the events industry
- Strong critical thinker and communicator
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Creative problem-solver and conflict manager
- Focused on meeting objectives and delivering results
- Capable of managing large groups of volunteers / staff / participants / spectators
- Willing to be based in London and travel 20-30% of the time. Possibility of working remotely in Germany with regular meetings in London.
- Bachelor's degree or qualifications in event management
- Fluency in German and English in a business environment is essential
- Minimum 1 year experience in event planning, operations, project management or outdoor industry
- Demonstrable experience of mass participation event planning preferred, particularly events in greenfield locations.
- Proven capabilities managing staff of varying skills and backgrounds
- H&S qualification (IOSH or NEBOSH) beneficial
- Valid driver's license is required
Back to top