Operations Supervisor - Event Village (UK) - 2 positions available
- London, United Kingdom
This is a fixed term contract role from March to October 2020
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 16TH FEBRUARY 2020
2 positions available
Tough Mudder’s mission is to grow a global tribe that lives courage, personal accomplishment, teamwork, and fun. From day one, we’ve built a culture to reflect that philosophy, bringing on quirky people who are great at what they do and passionate about our events and customers.
Our ideal candidate wants more than a few lines on their CV – they want to help build a company that changes the lives of millions of people for the better. This role will give you the opportunity to push your boundaries and find out what you’re capable of, to work with and learn from incredibly smart people, and, most of all, to enjoy the journey of helping to market a world-class organization.
Sound like something you can get on board with?
We’re looking for two smart and outgoing Operations Supervisors to join our UK Operations Team in 2020. These are fixed term roles from March - October (although we’re flexible on dates for the right people). The primary responsibility of the Operations Supervisor is to create and manage an exceptional event experience within the Mudder Village area – focusing on maximising customer satisfaction whilst delivering a seamless, cost effective operation.
The role holder will report into the Snr Operations Manager / Operations Manager, and will work closely with theCourse & Construction Supervisor,Volunteer Coordinator andother central event services functions.
- Assist the Operations Manager with all event planning requirements
- Own the planning and delivery for all front of house aspects of the event. Specifically focus on design, set up and management of the Mudder Village area
- Identify, negotiate terms and contract external vendors and service providers
- Identify and deliver revenue enhancing activities to drive on site participant spend
- Identify and deliver opportunities to enhance customer satisfaction through the Mudder Village experience
- Ensure effective partner servicing and management
- Create event specific briefing documents for both internal and external use
- Manage up to 120 staff on event weekends, including the sourcing of a number of staff for event week and event weekend operations
- Development and refinement of operational plans: Produce/contribute to key event documents.
- Create purchase orders, invoicing and ensure financial control documents are up to date and accurate
- Assist in post-event budget reconciliation
- Demonstrable project management and planning skills, ideally in the events industry
- Strong critical thinker and communicator
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Creative problem-solver and conflict manager
- Focused on meeting objectives and delivering results
- Willing to be based in London and travel 30-40% of the time
- Bachelor's degree from a leading university
- Minimum 3-4 years experience in event planning, operations, project management or outdoor industry
- Demonstrable experience of mass participation event planning preferred, particularly events in greenfield locations.
- Proven capabilities managing staff of varying skills and backgrounds
- H&S qualification (IOSH or NEBOSH) beneficial
- Valid driver's license is required
Back to top