Operations Supervisor - Course (UK)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 16TH FEBRUARY 2020
START DATE: ASAP
Tough Mudder’s mission is to grow a global tribe that lives courage, personal accomplishment, teamwork, and fun. From day one, we’ve built a culture to reflect that philosophy, bringing on quirky people who are great at what they do and passionate about our events and customers.
Our ideal candidate wants more than a few lines on their resume – they want to help build a company that changes the lives of millions of people for the better. This role will give you the opportunity to push your boundaries and find out what you’re capable of, to work with and learn from incredibly smart people, and, most of all, to enjoy the journey of helping to market a world-class organization.
Sound like something you can get on board with?
The Tough Mudder Course Operations Supervisor will be a member of our Operations Team in the UK. The role will report into the Operations Manager and will be responsible for planning and delivery across a suite of events. This is a complex planning and management role with multiple moving parts and a challenging delivery timeline. This role specifically project manages key elements of our events: running courses and obstacles.
This role covers the following critical areas of UK Tough Mudder events:
- Design: Course designs to include obstacle selection and sizing, locations, course routing and necessary site preparation.
- Safety and medical provision planning
- Mapping: Creation of detailed site maps based off initial course design. Knowledge of Google Earth and CAD is highly beneficial.
- Development and refinement of operational plans: Produce/contribute to key event documents.
- Staffing: Sourcing of course staff for event week and event weekend operations
- Procurement: Sourcing of goods and services required for event delivery, e.g. Inventory and Course specific equipment
- Relationship management: Management of key construction contractors and venue stakeholders
- Budget oversight: Contribute to construction budgets across a portfolio of events
- Site set up / Course Build Out & Pack Up post event
- Operational delivery – Effectively manage elements of course operations, ensuring participant safety whilst maximizing customer satisfaction; Partner management relating to the Course
- Staff Management - staff briefing, deployment and ongoing management across course operations
- Site Safety - responding to emergencies as safety officer if required - assessing situation, managing resources on scene as necessary; maintain a safe and clean work environment throughout the week
- Standard Operating Procedures – ongoing development and refinement of SOPs as necessary
- Innovation – actively identify and implement improvements to back of house and field of play operations
- Relationship management – ensure effective relationships across key internal departments and with external stakeholders as required
- Demonstrable project management and planning skills, ideally in the events industry
- Strong critical thinker and communicator
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Creative problem-solver and conflict manager
- Focused on meeting objectives and delivering results
- Strong relationship builder with effective stakeholder management skills
- Event production / construction (scaffold and modular builds) experience preferred, particularly operating in greenfield sites
- Demonstrable project management and planning skills
- Capability to contribute to budgets in excess of £250k. Financial awareness including impact of course and obstacle design on overall event budget
- Proven capabilities managing staff of varying skills and backgrounds
- Strong mapping skills, with a knowledge of Google Earth and CAD desirable
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- H&S qualification (IOSH or NEBOSH) desirable
- Valid driving licence
- Comfortable travelling up to 40% of year
Back to top