Operations Manager Germany
- London, United Kingdom
Fluency in German and English is essential for this role
Tough Mudder’s mission is to grow a global tribe that lives courage, personal accomplishment, teamwork, and fun. From day one, we’ve built a culture to reflect that philosophy, bringing on quirky people who are great at what they do and passionate about our events and customers. Together we have created a company that has become a movement. We’ve had over 3M people participate, opened international offices in the UK, fundraised over $12M for charities and had over 15,000 people get Tough Mudder tattoos. The opportunity ahead of us is vast, and we continue to look for the best, brightest and most badass to join us.
Tough Mudder’s European office is based in London. We’re on the lookout for people who want more than a job or even a career – that want to help build a company that changes the lives of millions of people for the better. As a member of TMHQ, you’ll be given an opportunity to push your boundaries and find out what you’re capable of, to work with and learn from incredibly smart colleagues, and to enjoy the journey of building a world-class company.
Sound like something you can get on board with?
We are hiring for an Operations Manager, who will be a key part of the event planning & delivery team for our German events. The primary responsibility of the Operations Manager is to manage a production team to create an unsurpassed event experience within an assigned suite of events. Key objectives are ensuring seamless operational delivery, maximizing customer satisfaction, enhancing on site revenue, and managing event budgets.
This role will report into the German Market Director and will have direct line management over an Operations Supervisor & Operations Coordinator. Further support is provided by centralised event service functions (Supply Chain, Workforce, and Product Innovation) which the Operations Manager is expected to collaborate with closely to execute on the above objectives.
This position involves complex stakeholder management, personnel management, project planning, and risk management role with multiple moving parts and a challenging delivery timescale. There will be extensive travel and weekend work required in this role.
- Direct management responsibilities over an Event Production and an Event Delivery Team
- Maintain event level P&L within event suite and manage to cost objectives
- Manage team to establish course design, obstacle selection and budgeting
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a collaborative relationship across all Operations Department centralized teams including, but not limited to, Construction, Workforce, Supply Chain, Venues, Commercial and Innovation.
- Manage a key area during the live event
- Key face of Tough Mudder to all third party stakeholders
- Responsible for managing relationships across multiple stakeholders which include sponsors, third party service providers, local/state agencies and vendors.
- Responsible for providing clear and comprehensive pre- and post-event reports to TM Senior Leadership
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships across all departments at Tough Mudder including Partnerships, Marketing, People Team, Legal and Finance.
- Demonstrable project management and planning skills, ideally in the sports events industry
- Strong critical thinker and communicator
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Creative problem-solver and conflict manager
- Focused on meeting objectives and delivering results
- Proven ability to maintain calm and clear decision making in high pressure situations
- Project management and planning skills
- Proven ability to manage and motivate large teams during difficult circumstances
- Experience managing budgets
- Willing to be based in London and travel 30-40% of the time. Possibility of working remotely in Germany with regular meetings in London.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Fluency in German and English in a business environment is essential
- 3+ years of experience in live events operations
- Demonstrable experience of mass participation event planning preferred, particularly events in greenfield locations
- Line management experience
- H&S qualification (IOSH or NEBOSH) beneficial
- Valid driver’s license required
Back to top