Operations Coordinator GER
- London, United Kingdom
Fluency in German and English is essential for this role
Tough Mudder’s mission is to grow a global tribe that lives courage, personal accomplishment, teamwork, and fun. From day one, we’ve built a culture to reflect that philosophy, bringing on quirky people who are great at what they do and passionate about our events and customers. Together we have created a company that has become a movement. We’ve had over 3M people participate, opened international offices in the UK, fundraised over $12M for charities and had over 15,000 people get Tough Mudder tattoos. The opportunity ahead of us is vast, and we continue to look for the best, brightest and most badass to join us.
Tough Mudder’s European office is based in London. We’re on the lookout for people who want more than a job or even a career – that want to help build a company that changes the lives of millions of people for the better. As a member of TMHQ, you’ll be given an opportunity to push your boundaries and find out what you’re capable of, to work with and learn from incredibly smart colleagues, and to enjoy the journey of building a world-class company.
Sound like something you can get on board with?
We are hiring for a 2020 Seasonal Operations Coordinator, who will be a key part of the event planning & delivery team for our Germany events. This role is a fixed term, full-time position for 8 months (Feb – Sep). This role is a great opportunity for someone seeking a career in event management and operations to develop their skills and gain valuable experience. The Seasonal Operations Coordinator will be based in our London office and report directly to the Operations Manager, Germany. There will be some travel and weekend work required in this role.
This exciting role comprises 3 distinct elements:
- Event Delivery – Supporting the Operations Team in the delivery of the Mudder Village and Course at Tough Mudder events
- Event Planning – Supporting the Operations Team with supplier procurement, management and wider event planning
- Admin Support – Completion of a number of key administrative functions in support of the event operation
- Assist the Operations Manager with all event planning requirements
- Support the planning and delivery for all front of house aspects of the event.
- Help negotiate terms and contract external vendors and service providers
- Identify and deliver opportunities to enhance customer satisfaction through the Mudder Village experience
- Manage key suppliers on site, ensuring safe, timely and programmed delivery of services
- Create event specific briefing documents for both internal and external use
- Manage the production and printing of key event documentation
- Develop and manage key contractor relationships including design and placement of relevant operational orders
- Development and refinement of operational plans: Produce/contribute to key event documents
- Create purchase orders, process invoices and ensure financial control documents are up to date and accurate
- Assist in post-event budget reconciliation
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Creative problem-solver
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Confident & personable disposition
- Organised & structured approach
- Capable of working as a member of a small team
- Flexible attitude and willingness to work long hours and weekends
- Demonstrated interest in mass participation events
- Willing to be based in London and travel 20-30% of the time
- Degree or qualification in event management desirable
- Fluency in German and English in a business environment is essential
- Work experience in event planning, operations, project management or outdoor industry preferred
- H&S qualification (IOSH or NEBOSH) beneficial
- Valid driver's license is required
Back to top