E-mail Marketing Senior Associate
Tough Mudder’s mission is to grow a global tribe that lives courage, personal accomplishment, teamwork, and fun. From day one, we’ve built a culture to reflect that philosophy, bringing on quirky people who are great at what they do and passionate about our events and customers. Together we have created a company that has become a movement. We have had over 3M people participate, opened international offices in the UK, fundraised over $12M for charities and had over 10,000 people get Tough Mudder tattoos. The opportunity ahead of us is vast, and we continue to look for the best, brightest and most badass to join us.
Tough Mudder’s flagship U.S. office is located in downtown Brooklyn, arguably the creative capital of New York City. We’re on the lookout for people who want more than a job or even a career – that want to help build a company that changes the lives of millions of people for the better. As a member of TMHQ, you’ll be given an opportunity to push your boundaries and find out what you’re capable of, to work with and learn from incredibly smart colleagues, and to enjoy the journey of building a world-class company.
Sound like something you can get on board with?
The Tough Mudder email platform is the strongest communication tool we have to engage and inspire our customers, drive sales, and distribute important event information. We are looking for a Sr. Email Marketing Associate to lead all email deployments at Tough Mudder and play a key role in outlining email strategy and optimizing overall marketing performance.
He or she will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects simultaneously and will play a central part in the marketing team by collaborating cross-functionally with other groups including: Creative, Brand, Social, Operations, Partnerships, as well as external partners.
- Partner with the Email Marketing Manager to outline the overall email strategy, determine cadence and define KPIs for all email marketing programs based on business objectives
- Manage all email deployments and scheduling through our email platform (IBM Watson - Silverpop) including developing/updating email templates and queries
- Develop and implement customer segmentation, customer touch points, and A/B testing
- Assist in creating and automating programs
- Analyze and monitor email performance through regular reporting and make actionable recommendations for future campaigns and testing based on findings
- Knowledge of email marketing best practices, including targeted segmentation, effective creative/calls-to action, testing, customer life-cycle messaging, and trigger messaging
- Strong analytical skills and experience evaluating, creating and presenting campaign reports with actionable insights
- Entrepreneurial spirit, able to initiate projects and implement change
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously while working well among cross-functional teams
- Flexible and comfortable with rapid change
- Expertise in development of marketing assets and collaborating with members from creative and marketing teams.
- High attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with Movable Ink a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years of relevant email marketing experience
- Strong knowledge and experience with email service provider platforms e.g. Watson Campaign Automation, formerly SilverPop a plus
- Knowledge of HTML and Adobe Creative Suite and Photoshop
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Google Analytics experience
- Knowledge and understanding of reporting tools and metrics
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of email marketing trends and best practices
- Pays close attention to detail
Nice to have (but no-one’s perfect):
- Ability to generate click worthy subject lines and cohesive copy
- Background in Sports or event marketing
- Eye for design. Can distinguish between form and functionality
Tough Mudder is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top