Digital Marketing Associate
Digital Media Associate - Brooklyn Office
Tough Mudder’s mission is to grow a global tribe that lives courage, personal accomplishment, teamwork, and fun. From day one, we’ve built a culture to reflect that philosophy, bringing on quirky people who are great at what they do and passionate about our events and customers.
Our ideal candidate wants more than a few lines on their CV – they want to help build a company that changes the lives of millions of people for the better. This role will give you the opportunity to push your boundaries and find out what you’re capable of, to work with and learn from incredibly smart people, and, most of all, to enjoy the journey of helping to market a world-class organization.
Sound like something you can get on board with?
Tough Mudder North America is seeking a digitally savvy marketer to join our marketing team. Reporting directly to the VP of Ecommerce and as our resident expert on everything online performance marketing (social, search, programmatic), you will be responsible for;
- Driving the online performance marketing strategy
- Managing end-to-end marketing delivery for all performance-based and paid digital marketing activity to deliver against business and customer outcomes.
- Creation, deployment and optimization of paid search marketing plan to achieve our financial (volume, value, profitability) and customer (new customers, grow database, retention) targets across a variety of products
- Deployment and management of our display and social activity to ensure the best commercial outcomes
- End-to-end asset development to activate against activity including briefing freelance creatives
- Key agency contact, working with agency partners to drive optimization, performance and innovation
- Demonstrating the value of our data sources to drive campaigns and commercial effectiveness
- Reviewing performance data daily, monitoring progress and recommending adjustments as required and providing regular tactical performance updates as required
- Suggest change where it drives better customer/commercial outcomes
- Work with Data Analyst lead on paid media strategy, activity, optimization, reporting to drive efficiencies, traffic, revenue and new customer growth
- Responsible for search marketing, programmatic, paid social and display campaigns performance and KPI optimization
- Manage and present performance reports (from keyword to global campaign level), interrogate performance and contribution against business targets. Use insights to identify actionable opportunities and improve performance
- Develop relationship with performance-based partners driving affiliate programs to generate traffic and sales
- Budget management inline with KPIs, forecasts and business objectives and vendor invoice management
- Work closely with Content Marketing Manager to ensure holistic full-funnel and TTL approach to all Tough Mudder communications
- Day-to-day management of paid digital agency, including SEM, social and display campaigns
- Work with freelance creatives for campaign/asset production
- Be a channel expert with authority and keep up-to-date with new platforms and initiatives
- Proven knowledge of end-to end-marketing delivery with proven personal ownership and drive for campaigns – specifically Paid Search and/or Programmatic
- A real passion for identifying and leading creative marketing activity
- Excellent verbal/written communication
- Strong organizer who can manage multiple projects (and associated stakeholders) simultaneously
- Strong understanding of the various channels used in the Company’s marketing efforts
- Intuitive feel for the Tough Mudder brand and mission
- Able to find consensus across a variety of stakeholders
- Invested in Tough Mudder values of Pride, Accountability, Continuous Improvement and Teamwork
- Pro-activeness in coming up with creative and inventive new ideas
- Entrepreneur spirit who can initiative projects and implement changes
- 2-3 years experience in online performance marketing
- Bachelor’s degree
- Paid media management on behalf of a brand preferred
Tough Mudder is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top