Digital Marketing Analyst
Tough Mudder’s mission is to grow a global tribe that lives courage, personal accomplishment, teamwork, and fun. From day one, we’ve built a culture to reflect that philosophy, bringing on quirky people who are great at what they do and passionate about our events and customers.
Together we have created a company that has become a movement. In just six years, we've had over 3M people participate, launched international events across the globe, fundraised over £5M for UK charities and had over 10,000 people get Tough Mudder tattoos. The opportunity ahead of us is vast, and we continue to look for the best, brightest and most badass to join us.
Our ideal candidate wants more than a few lines on their resume – they want to help build a company that changes the lives of millions of people for the better. This role will give you the opportunity to push your boundaries and find out what you’re capable of, to work with and learn from incredibly smart people, and, most of all, to enjoy the journey of helping to market a world-class organization.
Sound like something you can get on board with?
Reporting to the VP Marketing, theDigital Marketing Analyst plays a critical role in the development and execution of price promotion strategy, plans, and evaluation for the International business performance (UK & Germany) across a 6-product portfolio.
Your primary responsibility will be to develop and build price and promotional insights covering revenue management, ensuring the business maximises ROI by embedding recommendations and actionable insights in order to deliver on the UK’s sales revenue and marketing performance KPIs.
The Manager will work on 3 levels: per product, per event and per region. Working alongside the Global Pricing and Promotions Manager (based in Brooklyn, NYC), you will adapt and interpret learnings and best practice for UK & German markets. Working closely with the London based International Marketing team, you will be the go-to for pricing and promotional strategy, analytics and reporting offering clear, helpful insights to drive continued optimisation and performance across key marketing channels (sales, ecommerce, paid media, corporate sales).
With Executive level visibility, this role will represent the International marketing business at weekly and monthly sales meetings, pricing and promotion strategy meetings and key business strategy sessions. As the business continues to innovate and change, the opportunity to make a difference in this role is unlimited in this ever-changing fast moving business.
Pricing and Promotion (UK & Germany)
- Develop Price & Volume Strategy including top-line revenue budget, promotion strategy and pricing strategy across portfolio of 30+ events
- Tactical price management and ongoing optimisation
- Develop promotional strategy for International markets including ongoing reporting, analysis and optimization
- Maintain and update key pricing and promotional reports
- Own and work alongside International marketing team to define and implement promotional campaigns and event launches
- Own setup and implementation of pricing and promotional campaigns (in coordination with ecommerce team), including end-to-end set up on Active ticketing platform including thorough testing
- Manage post promotional analysis activity, ROI and advanced pricing analytics to improve business plan and planning effectiveness
Analysis and reporting (UK & Germany)
- Ongoing sales analysis and key KPI reporting with an obsession for understanding and interpreting insights
- Provide analysis and insights to help shape and optimise International marketing activity and performance
- Ownership of International Performance Marketing (Paid Media) defined through key analysis and reporting around ROI, campaign performance, purchasing patterns and website traffic.
- Ownership of Affiliate marketing strategy including agency management, monthly reporting, dashboard management driving continued growth in this channel.
- Weekly reporting and funnel analysis of Corporate Sales function.
- Ownership of sales and key KPI scorecard reporting templates for UK & DE markets
- Set up and management of Salesforce reporting dashboards for key stakeholders
- Attend key sales and reporting meetings representing International markets
- Vendor and budget management
- You have strong analytical skills with the ability to analyse and draw insights from large data sets
- You are an advanced Excel user; comfortable with complex reports, formulas and pivot tables, and you are not afraid of spending a lot of your time in spreadsheets
- Confident speaker and able to articulate insights into clear business recommendations
- Excellent verbal/written communication
- You have a flexible, approachable attitude with good problem-solving skills
- Experience and/or understanding of performance marketing and Affiliate marketing channels
- Strong organizer who can manage multiple projects (and associated stakeholders) simultaneously.
- You have the ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Able to find consensus across a variety of stakeholders
- Intuitive feel for the Tough Mudder brand and mission
- Invested in Tough Mudder values of Pride, Accountability, Continuous Improvement and Teamwork (PACT)
- Relevant Bachelor's Degree in marketing, economics, statistics, computer science or similar
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in analytics and pricing & promotions strategy
- Advanced Google Analytics experience required
- Experience with CRM & data visualization platforms a requirement (experience with Salesforce & Tableau preferred)
- Experience working with display, search, social, and YouTube advertising preferred
- Experience with SQL, R, Python preferred
- Experience with dynamic pricing models a plus
- German language skills a plus, but not required
Meet Some of Tough Mudder's Employees
Vicky heads up the planning of new Tough Mudder 5K obstacle events in cities all around the United Kingdom.
Back to top