Customer Service Assistant Manager - London office
Tough Mudder’s mission is to grow a global tribe that lives courage, personal accomplishment, teamwork, and fun. From day one, we’ve built a culture to reflect that philosophy, bringing on quirky people who are great at what they do and passionate about our events and customers.
Our ideal candidate wants more than a few lines on their CV – they want to help build a company that changes the lives of millions of people for the better. This role will give you the opportunity to push your boundaries and find out what you’re capable of, to work with and learn from incredibly smart people, and, most of all, to enjoy the journey of helping to market a world-class organization.
Sound like something you can get on board with?
Tough Mudder’s Customer Support is the central touchpoint we communicate, engage and develop relationships with our customers. We have a passionate customer base that we engage with daily. Through these interactions, we not only develop relationships with the Mudder Community, but also learn more about what our customers want and expect from Tough Mudder. These key insights are critical to the customer’s experience, and to our successful growth as an organization.
We are looking for a smart, highly engaging, customer experience obsessed person to work with the Mudder Services team at Tough Mudder.
The job involves day-to-day support of thousands of customers globally, ensuring that each customer is prepared for event day. This includes mission-critical online components of the Tough Mudder experience, both before and after the event.
Our Mudder Services team has the opportunity to engage with customers as they participate in a life-changing experience while learning the key drivers of a customer’s engagement with our product and our company.
- Point of escalation for the UK customer service team
- Collaborate with NYC counterparts in all areas, including strategy and customer service operations
- Support customers in all registration and event-related questions
- Respond to customers via email, phone and chat
- Send 70+ emails per day
- Evaluate customer feedback and developing alternative solutions
- Develop insights on common customer pain points and/or interests
- Understand customer drivers to participation and implement new ways to improve their experience
- Travel to 4-6 events to provide onsite support
- Highly organized and detailed approach to work
- Strong written & verbal communication skills to convey on-brand, personalized messages to customers
- Ability to handle high-stress situations on a daily basis
- Expedient & prompt problem-solving skills
- Innate sense of the importance of customer sentiment and care
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior customer services or sales experience, ideally in a sports or events property
- Experience in a management or leadership role a plus
- Salesforce experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Tough Mudder is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce
Back to top