- New York, NY
Tough Mudder’s mission is to grow a global tribe that lives courage, personal accomplishment, teamwork, and fun. From day one, we’ve built a culture to reflect that philosophy, bringing on quirky people who are great at what they do and passionate about our events and customers. Together we have created a company that has become a movement. The opportunity ahead of us is vast, and we continue to look for the best and brightest to join us.
Tough Mudder’s flagship U.S. office is located in downtown Brooklyn. Joining our team offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for those dedicated few who share the goal of delivering great experiences for our participants. We’re on the lookout for people who want more than a job or even a career – they want to help build a company that changes the lives of millions of people for the better. As a member of TMHQ, you’ll be given an opportunity to push your boundaries and find out what you’re capable of, to work with and learn from incredibly smart colleagues, and to enjoy the journey of building a world-class company.
Sound like something you can get on board with?
The primaryroleof the Course Designer (Project Manager) is to coordinate, plan and deliver course and obstacle builds for 8-10 events a year. The Course Designer will be a key member of our Live Events team to ensure timely, safe and efficient Tough Mudder courses and construction of obstacles.
- Design Tough Mudder courses, and decide which obstacles will be at each of your respective events to maximize customer experience
- Attend Planning Trips for each venue, working with local stakeholders and vendors
- Coordinate, plan and schedule course and obstacle construction at our events
- Work closely with on-site contractors to ensure efficient and safe course set up and construction of our obstacles
- Ensure course construction budgets are met
- Coordinate logistics in the field and work with equipment vendors
- Manage onsite contractors and labor to meet strict deadlines
- Review architectural and engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed
- Track and control construction schedules and associated costs to achieve completion of projects within time and monies allocated
- Review progress reports, check on any reported difficulties, and correct any safety violations or other reported deficiencies
- Own and deliver the onsite course experience from start arch to finish arch. Course crew and volunteers on the course will be your direct reports and responsibility.
- Work with Events Team during weekends to overcome any course or construction related technical issues
- Collaborate with team members to create new and innovative obstacle ideas
- Guarantee safety, project legal documents, permits, inspections and any legislative requirements are completed and signed
- Work hand in hand with existing departments to deliver successful events
- Create internal and external wayfinding maps for each course for use by crew and participants
- Creative thinker with excellent technical and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently with sound judgment and initiative
- Superior critical thinking, analytic and communications skills
- A clear focus on delivering results and achieving objectives
- Creativity, adaptability, excellent teamwork skills and an ability to work cross-functionally
- Team player who is not focused on titles and is willing to pitch in and help where necessary
- Can do attitude and willingness to learn
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and willingness to operate with reasonable flexibility
- Willing to be based in Brooklyn and travel up to 50% of the time
- Sense of humor is a must, and please, don’t take yourself too seriously
- 1-3 years of event, project, or sports management experience
- Experience managing a staff
- Construction experience is a plus
- Valid driver’s license is required
Tough Mudder is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top