2019 Seasonal Event Crew - UK
This is NOT a full-time position, we are looking for independent contractors for short term work as and when required
Tough Mudder’s mission is to grow a global tribe that lives courage, personal accomplishment, teamwork, and fun. From day one, we’ve built a culture to reflect that philosophy, bringing on quirky people who are great at what they do and passionate about our events and customers.
Sound like something you can get on board with?
The Tough Mudder UK Operations team are looking to expand our pool of kickass event contractors to be on the front line of delivering our amazing events. This seasonal role is perfect for people looking for a bit of extra pocket money, university students looking to get real world event experience or anybody who likes getting their hands dirty on world class events.
We have several positions across the UK across a season spanning April – October. The roles can vary from a few days of work to a full week and the job description could change from one week to the next. Flexibility and a willingness to adapt are a major part of this role as well as the ability to travel away from home and work for long and often unsociable hours.
Working with the TMHQ team to build, maintain and manage the best obstacle course events in the world. This includes:
- Helping to build and break down the course and interactive areas prior to and post event
- Managing an area during the live event weekend e.g. registration, bag drop, course, finish line etc
- Training and Managing a team of volunteers
- Being the face of Tough Mudder at our events and ensuring our customers have the best possible experience on site
- Assist the TMHQ team to ensure the safety of all participants on site
Successful contractors will be fun-loving, adventure seeking, hard-working people who are willing to step outside of their comfort zone. Having an open-mind and being adaptable is a must, along with the following:
- Invested in Tough Mudder values of Pride, Accountability, Continuous Improvement and Teamwork (PACT)
- A Strategic thinker and creative problem solver
- Excellent oral communication skills with an ability to think and react to situations confidently and quickly
- Highly self-motivated and hardworking with a hunger to learn, grow and win every day
- Exemplary self-discipline, professionalism, pride and character
- Must love the outdoors and be up for working in any weather!
- Ability to lift heavy (20lbs+) objects and work on your feet for at least 8hrs a day
- A Positive attitude and invested in being part of a wider team to achieve one shared goal
- Be willing to work away from home sometimes at unsociable hours for up to seven days in a row
Desirable experience (but not deal breakers!):
- Past experience in managing and training staff or volunteers
- Hold a clean valid UK Drivers licence
- Past experience working on other large events (5000-25000 people)
- Studying an event/sport management degree
- Opportunity to participate in Tough Mudder events
- Access to discounted Tough Mudder merchandise
- Competitive daily rate
This is NOT a full-time position, we are looking for independent contractors for short term work as and when required.
Back to top