Director of Demand Generation
Director of Demand Generation
Totango is seeking an experienced head of demand generation with experience building and scaling strategies for demand generation, customer acquisition, and paid digital. We are looking for someone who can work closely with the Marketing, Sales, and Product teams to own the entire lead and demand generation function, from idea to execution.
You will be in charge of everything from setting the budget strategy to tracking conversions and everything in between. In this role, you will be responsible for setting the strategy necessary to hit our acquisition goals as well as managing the day-to-day activities.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and be able to apply their experience in demand generation to drive the acquisition and growth goals of Totango.
- Develop and execute a demand generation vision and strategy using industry best practices that are effective for the B2B business model.
- Plan and execute all acquisition campaign efforts across all online and offline channels including digital marketing (SEO / SEM, display, paid social, video, sponsored content, affiliate, webinars, email and others).
- Have strong grasp of current marketing tools and strategies and use your experience to lead integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution
- Build a deep understanding of the target prospects and their needs; apply thoughtful data-driven, segmentation approaches to effectively reach them
- Build the paid digital strategy from the ground up, execute against it, report on results, and make continuous improvements.
- Direct and manage agencies to achieve goals and ROI targets
- Manage social media advertising using performance goals that drive new user adoption
- Own reporting and communication of marketing impact, while building a clear understanding of demand gen goals, success metrics and impact across the organization.
- Actively measure and track engagement, lead volume, and sales funnel conversion rates; scope and execute experiments that increase lead generation and velocity.
- Work closely with the other teams and stakeholders to ensure acquisition goals are met.
- Play a strong leadership role in content planning and strategy including writing and editing content in various forms (e.g. emails, ebooks, tipsheets, banner ads, webcast outlines/scripts, infographics, data sheets)
- A Passion for Marketing. You stay up to date on the industry, platforms and changes as they roll out
- Demonstrable experience and expertise in creating, managing and successfully delivering growth results through SEO / SEM, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- At least 5 years experience in demand generation, including building demand generation programs and paid digital strategies from scratch
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- A strong grasp of Web Analytics, A/B Testing, and metrics driven (performance) marketing (You love acronyms like CPC, CPA, CPM, ARPU, LTV, PPC, SEO, SEM)
- Strong analytical ability and are an advanced Excel nerd
- Solid knowledge of analytics and database tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Hubspot, Salesforce, and performance marketing platforms)
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns, Facebook and LinkedIn paid social campaigns
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Demonstrated excellence with written communications, project management, and time management
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, identify and resolve problems.
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere.
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
- An energetic and willing attitude
- The ability to synthesize complex ideas into actionable recommendations for senior executives
- A hungry, infectious personality: we're looking for someone determined and able to win
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- B2B performance marketing experience is ideal, preferably in the technology industry
More About Totango:
Totango's award-winning Customer Success solutions help companies simplify the complexities of the customer success operations, drive action and focus for teams, and create predictable results for management. As the leading Enterprise Customer Success platform, Totango is helping companies solve the complexities of customer success, at scale.
Founded in 2010, and funded by top venture firms, Totango is used by leading companies to reduce churn, grow predictable revenue, and maximize customer lifetime value.
Back to top