VP, Retail Planning, North America
The goal of this Planning function is to set up all relevant processes and drive the business (Revenue, EBIT) through strategic merchandise planning, controlled inventory management, actionable reporting and insightful commercial analysis. We achieve this by creating a world class, digitally enabled integrated end to end planning team, which is commercial, connects well cross functionally and delivers efficient merchandise processes.
The VP planning North America will provide leadership and direction for Merchandise Planning and Merchandise Allocation. From a Merchandise Planning perspective, this role is responsible for the pre-season and in-season financial planning of the business throughout the product hierarchy, ensuring that Regional plans and execution, maximize opportunity, manage risk, and support Merchandising initiatives. This role is responsible for all aspects of Retail (Digital, Stores), Outlet and Wholesale Inventory Management through the Regional Open to Buy, ensuring that Sales are driven at the same time as Inventory is efficiently managed through industry standard metrics of Turn, WOC, and GMROI. From an Allocation perspective, this role must lead the in-season execution of product flow, in store delivery, and replenishment. In doing so, sales will be maximized and store level inventories managed in-season and from season to season.
- Serve as a key leader of Planning function to drive and deliver sustainable, profitable growth for the region
- Partner with the SVP, Planning to set the vision for the NA Retail Planning organization and structure.
- Lead team of approximately +15; develop and drive proper structure and processes to maximize team productivity and results. Ensure all team members have the right goals, and coach and develop the skills of all team members
- Develop, execute, and communicate financial merchandise plans, demand plans, and strategies to support the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives across the NA Retail business.
- Drive financial results that maximize revenue, gross margin, inventory turn goals and minimize excess inventory.
- Consistently track and improve process design, rigor and discipline around planning and inventory buying, as well as inventory management and tracking
- Responsible for pre-season forecast and in-season management of planning forecasts, all on order, and receipt flow to ensure that available inventory meets open to buy strategy and maximizes cash flow and inventory utilization across all of NA Retail.
- Elevate the allocation team (operational & talent)
- Capitalize on allocation, inventory, and margin opportunities across NA Retail and Wholesale: optimize product at the right time and the right place across channels (Digital, Stores, Wholesale, Outlet);
- Define, direct, and manage promotional calendar for NA Retail
- Development and execution of seasonal inventory liquidation strategies, including markdowns and promotions for Retail and Outlet
- Improve and implement reporting and analysis capabilities to drive decision making at the regional level.
- Standardized analysis and reporting all business units to provide consolidated and consistent view of regional performance.
- Collaborate with Finance to reconcile planning forecasts to financial forecast by channel and develop strategies to amplify and/or address opportunities
- Collaborate extensively with corporate partners to define and execute business strategies; define and drive business process changes and overall change management
- Lead systems roadmap & execution to support business vision and evolution in partnership with IT and business cross-functions
- Bachelor's degree,
- 10-15 years prior experience in retail planning & allocation
- Vertical retail experience
- Strong leadership skills, executive presence and acumen
- Strong analytical skills paired with strategic business acumen and application
- Detail-oriented, results-driven, highly, motivated, and entrepreneurial. Ability to act as both a “player” and a “coach”
- Ability to negotiate with and influence peers, members of a cross-functional team and senior management.
- Ability to formally present business strategies and action plans.
Meet Some of Tory Burch's Employees
Director, Production — Handbags & Accessories
Kelsey oversees the manufacturing process for the Tory Burch accessories category, from initial order to product placement to retail store delivery.
Back to top