Visual Manager - Chicago Fashion Outlet
As a Tory Burch Visual Manager, you work closely with the corporate visual team, store leadership & the store staff to implement, maintain, enforce & monitor our store visual standards. This role is all about creating a store environment that promotes our brand, showcases & moves our product, delights our customers and drives business results. You will need to have a well-developed understanding of the Tory Burch visual presentation standards and strong business acumen - effectively balancing aesthetics with productivity and be extremely creative and an effective communicator & trainer.
Create the Customer Experience
- Lead by example; train, guide and coach staff on product knowledge, styling, selling & service skills, driving them to create transformational customer experiences & exceed sales targets.
- Take ownership for maintaining a high visual standard in the store with a special focus on training the store team in and personally upholding the brand integrity.
- Generate & execute on new ideas for store visual standards, setting our brand apart & ensuring every customer’s experience is transformational.
- Ensure a high level of customer service through extensive product knowledge and product ownership, supporting the consumer experience on the sales floor when not involved in merchandising activities.
- Partner with GM each week to analyze selling info on key styles, rotation of product, expected merchandise receipts, stock ownership, marketing initiatives and business trends to implement strategies in order to drive and deliver sales and a premium customer experience.
- Utilize your creative talent and knowledge of the Tory Burch brand aesthetic to ensure your store is impeccably merchandised to standard.
- In partnership with the leadership team, work with the Corporate Visual Team and PR/Marketing to execute directives (floral, window, table, delivery, etc.) and special events.
- Partner with the GM to ensure store maintenance needs are addressed and physical store environment is maintained at a very high level.
Drive the Business & Deliver Results
- In partnership with the GM, assess merchandising needs based on the business trends (sell through, top sellers, stock on hand, key investments, traffic, etc). Plan out and execute necessary floor moves, product shifts, promotions, and replenishment to implement strategies that ensure the store is on target or driving to achieve financial targets.
- Identify best in class visual merchandising trends in the local market (windows, signage, props, etc).
- Identify any visual merchandising challenges as a result of your assortment and communicate to your GM, Director of Stores and/or Market Manager, and Regional Visual Manager.
Represent the Brand
- Contribute to maintaining all brand and operating standards to support brand consistency.
- Assist in maintaining store presentation standards, including lighting, maintenance issues, and props/fixtures.
- Understand, communicate and support the Tory Burch brand aesthetic, brand philosophy and lifestyle to the associates and the customer during the consumer journey.
- Emulate the brand aesthetic & embody a strong sense of fashion sensibility and an enthusiastic attitude.
- Assist the leadership team in maintaining the Tory Burch aesthetic across all touch pointsincluding associate presentation and dress code to create a fully branded environment.
Leadership and People Management
- Lead by example and model behavior that reflects the company’s core values.
- Appropriately manage conflict and take ownership for your part in the team dynamic.
- Provide consistent training, coaching and leadership on visual standards.
- Agility to flex between store needs and corporate directives and appropriately communicate to relevant parties.
- Contribute to a positive atmosphere that is fun, professional, productive and team oriented.
- As needed, act as the Transformational Leader of the Floor (TLOF) and motivate the team on achievement of sales plans & sales goals.
- In partnership with GM, manage overall team performance & growth:
- Hold people accountable to a high standard of excellence.
- Recognize contribution of others and celebrate success.
- Manage and monitor team morale & talent retention.
- Provide clear feedback and regular coaching.
- Foster team’s ongoing growth & development through both training & on-the-job learning.
- Manage performance, handle issues & resolve conflict in a calm, objective & fact-based manner.
- Assist in on-boarding of store staff.
- Partner with GM to execute effective store communications, ensuring that staff is involved & updated.
- Display a strong commitment to self-development and growth.
- Work with back of house to ensure all new product is planned for in advance of delivery and is strategically placed on the selling floor outside of store selling hours.
- In partnership with the leadership team, supervise and provide support in all operational responsibilities to ensure the timely execution processing of all floor sets, markdowns, transfers, RTVs, reprices, etc.
- Manage the product flow and merchandising cadence with agility.
- Execute the bi-monthly and seasonal photo review.
- Create and maintain training tools that assist in the recovery and remerchandising of the store.
- Protect our assets by adhering to all loss prevention policies & procedures.
- Detailed oriented with ability to multi-task and prioritize work to prioritize work to produce desired outcomes.
- 2- 4 years of visual and/or management experience in a high volume, customer-driven retail environment.
- Must have open availability for a flexible work schedule that meets the needs of the business, including overnights, evenings, holidays and weekend shifts.
- Ability to lift (at least 40 lbs), carry, push, pull, squat, kneel, twist, turn, climb ladders, crawl, reach, bend and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to submit relevant required paperwork.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law.
If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top