Technical Designer, Handbags
The Technical Designer will work with the Design team & support the design process to ensure that the product aesthetic and creative vision are carried out through to the development stage.
- Support the creative design process post sketch review through development handoff by executing and updating detailed tech packs and sample review forms
- Support the sample development process and ensure seasonal deadlines are met.
- Participate in sample reviews with design, merchandising, and production partners.
- Execute design intent into bulk production while maintaining high quality standards.
- Collaborate and develop close working relationships with design, materials, merchandising, production, sourcing offices and vendors to ensure the quality, delivery and business practices are achieved and upheld.
- Make technical design recommendations for potential production, quality and costing issues to ensure brand integrity.
- Support spec, construction, & maintain proportion & detailing on all samples.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in design, manufacturing, product development, merchandising, or a related field.
- Prior experience working with handbags
- 5+ years of work experience in technical design or design and full knowledge of total production timeline.
- Thorough understanding of the design & development process from inception through production.
- Expert knowledge of industry construction standards and manufacturing, including hardware development
- Strong design, prototyping, and research skills.
- Attention to detail, initiative, organization and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, proactively trouble shoot, problem solve, and the ability to effectively influence.
- Strong computer knowledge, including excel, adobe illustrator and photoshop.
- Organized, accurate and articulate
Meet Some of Tory Burch's Employees
Katy creates the code that powers ToryBurch's digital commerce site, creating a seamless user experience and enhancing features as trends and the business change.
Back to top