Technical Designer, Handbags
- Responsible for the technical construction required to achieve Design’s aesthetic intent, ensuring quality and engineering standards are maintained across all HB & SLG Product.
- Responsible for maintaining all elements of a Design Card: Clean Sketches, Dimensions & Proportions, Materials Placement, Alternate Views, Detail View, Hardware and Thread list.
- Maintain specification changes and update technical drawings on Design Cards through development process.
- Key communicator of technical information in regards to achieving Design aesthetic intent and clarity of Design Card information from DC Handoff through Product Approval.
- Participates in all sample review for aesthetic, overall dimensions, hand feel, functionality and general workmanship.
- Participates in Design Card scrub for technical accuracy and suggests options to achieve aesthetic intent and insures design elements are consistent across collections.
- Works closely with PD and cross-functional partners, including HKO, in support of development from concept to design card hand off.
- Identifies, clearly defines and resolves technical issues and partners with PD team to insure comments are communicated.
- Contributes technical advice on costing, backings, materials, etc.
- Works as a technical advisor to Design, suggesting solutions and alternatives to technical challenges.
- Suggests cost saving alternatives when possible.
- Partners with service providers in the creation of panels and mock-ups.
- Collaborates with and develops close working relationships with Design, PD, Materials, Merch, Production, sourcing offices and vendors to ensure that quality, delivery timelines and business practices are achieved and upheld.
- Make technical design recommendations for potential production, quality and costing issues to ensure brand integrity.
- Partners with production and/or factories to identify and resolve any quality issues, engineering challenges and problems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and address any outstanding issues to management in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of development calendar, quality standards, manufacturing and sequence of operations.
- Technical knowledge of product.
- Places Hardware requests for samples and production.
- Reviews Hardware upon receiving to insure design consistency and that all components function correctly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion, Engineering or equivalent related experience
- Minimum 3 years Product Development and/or Engineering/Technical experience
- Strong computer skills
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
Meet Some of Tory Burch's Employees
Katy creates the code that powers ToryBurch's digital commerce site, creating a seamless user experience and enhancing features as trends and the business change.
Back to top