Technical Designer, Handbags
The Technical Designer will work with the Design team & support the design process to ensure that the product aesthetic and creative vision are carried out through to the development stage.
- Support the creative design process post sketch review through development handoff by executing and updating detailed tech packs and sample review forms
- Support the sample development process and ensure seasonal deadlines are met.
- Participate in sample reviews with design, merchandising, and production partners.
- Execute design intent into bulk production while maintaining high quality standards.
- Collaborate and develop close working relationships with design, materials, merchandising, production, sourcing offices and vendors to ensure the quality, delivery and business practices are achieved and upheld.
- Make technical design recommendations for potential production, quality and costing issues to ensure brand integrity.
- Support spec, construction, & maintain proportion & detailing on all samples.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in design, manufacturing, product development, merchandising, or a related field.
- Prior experience working with handbags
- 5+ years of work experience in technical design or design and full knowledge of total production timeline.
- Thorough understanding of the design & development process from inception through production.
- Expert knowledge of industry construction standards and manufacturing, including hardware development
- Strong design, prototyping, and research skills.
- Attention to detail, initiative, organization and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, proactively trouble shoot, problem solve, and the ability to effectively influence.
- Strong computer knowledge, including excel, adobe illustrator and photoshop.
- Organized, accurate and articulate
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law.
If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Some of Tory Burch's Employees
Director, Production — Handbags & Accessories
Kelsey oversees the manufacturing process for the Tory Burch accessories category, from initial order to product placement to retail store delivery.
Back to top