Sr. Technical Designer, Handbags
- Responsible for the technical construction required to achieve Design’s aesthetic intent, ensuring quality and engineering standards are maintained across all HB & SLG Product with the experience and Ability to manage multiple projects independently.
- Understanding of development calendar, quality standards, manufacturing and sequence of operations.
- Attends all product meeting
- Ability to coordinate with other Product Engineers to meet deliverables in calendar.
- Responsible for maintaining all elements of a Design Card: Clean Sketches, Dimensions & Proportions, Materials Placement, Alternate Views, Detail View, Hardware and Thread list.
- Maintain specification changes and update technical drawings on Design Cards through development process.
- Key communicator of technical information in regards to achieving Design aesthetic intent and clarity of Design Card information from DC Handoff through Product Approval.
- Participates in all sample review for aesthetics, overall dimensions, hand feel, functionality and general workmanship.
- Participates in Design Card scrub for technical accuracy and suggests options to achieve aesthetic intent and insures design elements are consistent across collections.
- Works closely with PD and cross-functional partners, including HKO, in support of development from concept to design card hand off.
- Identifies, clearly defines and resolves technical issues and partners with PD team to insure comments are communicated.
- Contributes technical advice on costing, backings, materials, etc.
- Works as a technical advisor to Design, suggesting solutions and alternatives to technical challenges.
- Participating in early Costing meetings, suggesting cost saving measures while maintaining quality standards.
- Partners with service providers in the creation of panels and mock-ups.
- Collaborates with and develops close working relationships with Design, PD, Materials, Merch, Production, sourcing offices and vendors to ensure the quality, delivery and business practices are achieved and upheld.
- Make technical design recommendations for potential production, quality and costing issues to ensure brand integrity.
- Partners with Production Team and HKO to identify and resolve any quality issues, engineering challenges and problems in production.
- Ability to troubleshoot and address any outstanding issues to management in a timely manner.
- Places Hardware requests for samples and production.
- Reviews Hardware upon receiving to insure design consistency and that all components function correctly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion, Engineering or equivalent related experience
- Minimum 5 years Product Development and/or Engineering/Technical experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing, sequence of operations and knowledge of total production timeline
- Strong computer skills
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law.
If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
Meet Some of Tory Burch's Employees
Katy creates the code that powers ToryBurch's digital commerce site, creating a seamless user experience and enhancing features as trends and the business change.
Back to top