Sr. Merchandise Manager Ready-to-Wear
Drive the strategic performance and financial performance in the RTW division. This role will be responsible for pricing, being intimately familiar with the competitive landscape, writing seasonal line plans and analyzing the business to ensure continued growth. This person will need to have strong verbal and communication skills as they will be responsible for working with global sales channels, production, product development, tech & design and to help build the collection each season. In addition to attention to detail and business acumen this person will need a passion for product and an eye for trend that is brand right.
Seasonal Business Strategy and Hindsight
• Ability to analyze a complex business to accurately articulate best and worst sellers.
• Transform business hindsight into strategy for seasonal line plan building.
• Ability to both react to current business as well as anticipate future trends in the business.
• Provide timely and accurate business updates to the cross functional team.
Trend and Competitive Analysis
• A clear understanding of the Tory Burch values, product aesthetic and brand point of view are imperative to the role and understanding the brand positioning in the market.
• Gain a firm understanding of the competitive landscape through online research and visiting the market often. Must have knowledge of fabric, fit, and garment construction as well as a strong instinct for color and print.
• Apply this knowledge to Tory Burch to help improve the assortment, ensure pricing remains appropriate and interject current trends where appropriate.
• Have a firm understanding of the needs of each market and work hand in hand with those teams to ensure that we have the product that we need to drive their business.
Pricing and Optimization
• Partner closely with production and PD to better understand the costing break down of RTW and margin implications.
• Create a clear pricing structure that ties perceived value, quality and retail pricing together.
• Understand where Tory Burch falls within the competitive pricing landscape and identify areas of pricing opportunity.
Cross Functional Partner
• Act as the hub between the channels of PD, production, design, tech & the sales channels. This will require attention to detail, effective time management and excellent communication skills.
• Understand the goals of all other divisions and functions to ensure you as a merchant are helping to support these brand goals.
• Build a relationship with all other merchandising teams to create synergy across the Tory Burch collection each season.
• Develop a close relationship with the international team as overseas growth continues to be a focus for Tory Burch.
• Own training, development, and career pathing for team members.
• Present seasonal product strategies and assortments to global sales and buying teams.
• 4 year Bachelor Degree
• A strong leader with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a merchandising and a minimum of 2-3 years of management experience
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
• Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate confidently with senior-level leadership
Meet Some of Tory Burch's Employees
Katy creates the code that powers ToryBurch's digital commerce site, creating a seamless user experience and enhancing features as trends and the business change.
Back to top