Sr. Global Editor
- Work closely with Senior Director to make sure editorial content reflects the mission of brand founder: interesting, substantive, diverse.
- Edit/write for Tory Daily and its main verticals: style, culture, travel, entertaining, beauty, music.
- Generate ideas that energize the Daily’s current annual franchises.
- Manage editorial calendar.
- Brainstorming and packaging special issues.
- Conduct interviews, write intros, edit q+as and stories. Upload final copy, link and basic HTML formatting in Wordpress.
- Credit police: double-check Art Team that artwork is being credited properly.
- Work cross-functionally with global, visual, pr partners to include stories that support the business.
- Work closely with Senior Director on persuasive newsletter copy. (6-9x year)
- Manage app refreshes for Tory Daily — incl delivering copy and review in staging.
- Work with APAC partners on editorializing Weibo and WeChat calendars. Monthly calls. Making sure int’l team has relevant editorial assets, both visual and written. Rework copy for APAC audience when necessary. Work with APAC partners on other editorial projects, e.g. special H5 campaigns, which includes calls as well.
- Align with Social Media editor on Tory Daily issues that should be posted to social media, interesting stories, artwork, etc. Occasional social media writing.
- Conduct behind-the-scenes interviews with hair, makeup, nails and models before fashion show.
- Provide questions to social and PR influencers/celebs when necessary, in line with larger franchises.
- Pitch/write/edit two-three stories for Tory Sport’s Inside Track blog each month. Includes research.
- Smart, well-read editor with 7-10 years of experience pitching, editing and writing stories about style, art, travel, food and/or more.
- Talented writer who understands when/how to shift tone.
- Can write a headline intro just as easily as an email subject line; brainstorm how to package a special issue and a social media activation.
- A self-factchecker who embraces clever over cliché. Loves editorial calendars.
Back to top