Sr. Director, Raw Materials Development HB & SLGs
- New York, NY
As a Tory Burch Director of Raw Materials for the Handbags & Small Leather Goods Divisions, you are a critical cross functional partner to Design & Product Development. This role is pivotal in translating the creative vision by developing and sourcing on-brand, on-trend leathers, fabrics, hardware and webbings.
- Strive to support Supply Chain priorities, the Operating Model and Corporate Priorities daily and clearly communicate goals to the team
- Source brand right & innovative raw materials in sync with key milestones of the development calendar.
- Collaborate closely with Design, Merchandising, Product Development and foster strong cross-functional partnerships.
- Lead the department driving process improvement, efficiency and industry best practices
- Prioritize the search for sustainable raw materials
- Lead with vision, decisiveness, and a collaborative approach
- Interpret Design needs and provide full support on all raw materials requests.
- Communicate daily with the Design Team, PD, overseas offices, and suppliers.
- Review all material submissions with PD and Design.
- Oversee the scheduling, tracking, and reporting on all requested materials.
- Color Palette: collaborate with Design to maintain updated, seasonal color palette and execute/distribute lab dips.
- Monitor seasonal KPIs.
- Manage issuance of RM Approval Standards
- Non-Leather, Leather , Hardware :work with Managers on the following
- General RM R&D
- Specific Development Requests
- SMS Orders
- Bulk Standards
- Prints: work with Textile Manager on the following
- General R&D
- Specific Development Requests (new artwork and/or techniques)
- Manage all artwork updates through development process &communicate to NY/HK PD
- Manage prints into SMS order
- Manage prints through Bulk pass off
- Monitor seasonal RM KPIs
- Partner closely with the Raw Materials Sourcing team, based in Hong Kong.
- Attend domestic and International material shows to identify sources and research trends.
- Meet with suppliers and foster strong partnership
- Negotiate raw materials costs
- Aim to instill quality in the product from onset of development through final production.
- Review all materials with an eye for quality and performance; problem-solve quality lapses.
- Ensure that all RM used are compliant for performance and restricted substances prior to production, in collaboration with the HK testing team.
- Act as an educator and provide material knowledge to cross-functional teams
- Manage, motivate and grow direct reports.
- Drive the department forward through process improvement and best practices.
- Lead with the Corporate values and principles in mind / Buddy Values
- Participate in weekly Cross Functional Meetings, Detail Meetings, Milestone Meetings
- Represent Raw Materials in all Time & Action Calendar meetings.
- Strive to ensure Buy Ready status of all raw materials by PO placement
- BS/BA/BFA degree
- Leather course accreditations a strong plus
- Minimum 15+ years in leather and textile sourcing and development, handbag experience required
- Strong collaborative, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to excel in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- International travel required
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Back to top