Sr. Director, Calendar Operations & Strategy
- Hoboken, NJ
The Sr. Director, Calendar Strategy & Operations serves as a key liaison to the Design, Merchandising and Product Development teams to ensure milestones are met, meeting readiness, and overall process efficiency. This person will lead the management of the seasonal product creation calendar and ensure the teams are aware of key priorities and deliverables. This position will collaborate with cross-functional leadership to identify opportunities for process improvement and lead various initiatives. This person will provide leadership and consultation to impact business initiatives such as monitoring development targets and deliverables, and communicating changes across categories and functions to ensure alignment and timely execution. The role partners closely with the Office of Tory Burch, as well as Merchandising, PD and Design team leaders to resolve open issues, manage workflow and communication.
Product Development Seasonal Calendar Management
- Continue to manage the implementation of the new seasonal product development operating model. Refine processes and calendars as needed and update all calendar tool input and documentation to reflect overlapping calendar at the category, divisional and seasonal view level.
- Oversee the seasonal product calendars for up to 9 categories including but not limited to: Handbags, Footwear, RTW, Sport, Outlet, Jewelry, Home & Special Projects, Licensing, Fashion Accessories.
- Ensure all seasonal deliverables and deadlines for Merchandising, Design and PD are met, and that all teams are fully prepared for milestone meeting efficacy.
- Anticipate any risks to deliverables and create paths for mitigation and resolution.
- Support the cross-functional product teams in managing overall operating efficiencies and opportunities for speed models where relevant.
- Collaborate with VP Operations & Strategy, Supply Chain for any relevant PLM systems execution and or updates.
- Partner with cross-functional leadership team to identify opportunities for integration improvements, and lead various cross-functional initiatives as directed.
Leadership and People Management
- Promotes an environment that fosters the respect for the ideas of others and supports ongoing collaboration to execute business strategies
- Leads by example and operates effectively in the face of high demands imposed by an evolving, fast-paced, creatively driven work environment.
- Provides leadership within the calendar operations team by directing, focusing, and motivating team members to keep their efforts on track.
- Effectively manages and supports the career development process of direct reports to ensure team engagement and talent development.
- Continuously looks to innovate and improve processes in support of operational progression
EDUCATION & PRIOR EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- 10 + years of Project Management/Operations Experience in Retail or related field
- Expertise in product life-cycle activities and development timelines within a fashion environment
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Experience in working with Calendar and/or PLM systems
- Self-motivated and results oriented manager with strong interpersonal, communication, and partnering skills
- Attention to detail and follow-up with excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively with creative teams to foster relationship-building and collaboration
- Ability to effectively influence decision-making and/or change in the absence of direct management
- Highly motivated, passionate and results oriented
- Champion for change and able to react with speed and agility
- Flexible and creative problem-solver
- Analytical and dynamic thinker who can think outside the box to reach a solution
- Personal professionalism, high level of confidence and sense of accountability
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Back to top