Sr. Designer, Footwear-Runway & Precollection
The position will be responsible for managing the Mainline Shoe design process from concept to completion while partnering with the VP of Design to ensure alignment on priorities and direction.
- Serve as the Design lead for the Mainline Collection team.
- Identify emerging trends; recommend those that are appropriate for Tory Burch through seasonal research and travel for competitive shopping and exploration of ideas with the company's overseas manufacturing network.
- Interpret trends in a brand-appropriate execution.
- Oversee seasonal conceptualization and creation of design concepts for shoes.
- Continue to elevate, refine and expand the assortments, while simultaneously maintaining consistent Tory Burch aesthetic.
- Responsible for delivering product that meets both sales volume and gross margin goals.
- Partner with key merchants and designers to ensure alignment of product across categories.
- Continue to drive product elevation across the collection.
- Develop strong relationships with Merchandising, Sourcing and Product Development to ensure that business needs are understood and addressed in advance of the seasonal design process and that calendar handoffs are accomplished on time.
- Ensure designs for channels and geographies are developed according to the development calendar and the parameters of the brand platform as well as the merchandising category needs and attributes.
- Partner with merchandising to develop SKU count, competitive pricing points, concept and product flow.
- Work with PD to develop profitable products while maintaining quality, design integrity and brand aesthetic.
- 7+ years design experience working for a luxury retailer
- A "self-merchandising" designer who can drive creativity while maintaining profit goals.
- Experience managing design budget and calendar.
- Vision and ability to conceptualize
- Designer who is creatively driven while maintaining a business mindset as it relates to profitability and commercial acceptability.
- Has worked closely with strong merchandising function ensuring profitability, appropriate gross margin, and maximizing sell-thru.
- Self-merchandising, must understand commercial acceptability.
- Ability to identify trends on a long and short term basis.
- Must have an even temperament (not a big ego) and a willingness to roll up their sleeves and be part of a team.
- Highly organized.
- Must be cost driven, methodical and calendar driven.
- High and translatable taste-level.
- Left brain/right brain.
- Strong people skills with the ability to manage unique and diverse personalities.
- Possesses inspirational and directional leadership skills.
- Strong communication (both verbal and written).
- Strong listening skills.
- Raw intellect/intelligence.
- Ability to assimilate and promote the company's culture.
- Ensure cross product alignment via actively communicating and collaborating with all other design teams.
- Help manage the design process calendar throughout the development cycle and ensure that the process stays on time.
- Attend key meetings with Merchants, Product Development, Planning, and Sourcing and travel as outlined in the development process calendar.
- Identify, train and cultivate a strong bench for future growth and expansion.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Back to top