Sr. Counsel, Contracts
The Sr. Counsel, Contracts will be responsible for the legal review of commercial contracts for a variety of business units on a global basis, providing counseling to the business teams on contracts related issues, and developing trainings, tools, and systems to improve internal contracts processes. This position reports to the Deputy General Counsel.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements on a global basis for internal business units including IT, Digital, Distribution/Logistics, Production, Wholesale, Creative, PR/Communications, Finance, and HR. Contracts include software licenses, cloud services agreements, SaaS agreements, e-commerce agreements, warehouse/distribution center agreements, logistics agreements, payment processing agreements, shop/concession agreements, manufacturing agreements, outsourcing agreements, terms of sale, event agreements, confidentiality agreements and a wide variety of other contracts.
- Partner with executive leadership and business teams to provide quick, concise, and commercially-focused legal advice with respect to complex commercial transactions.
- Provide support, as needed, for litigation and regulatory matters that pertain to contracts.
- Develop contracts training materials and conduct training sessions for business teams.
- Develop contract tools and systems to negotiate common commercial issues, including form agreements, templates, and negotiation principles/guidelines.
- Streamline and centralize processes around contract negotiation and execution, and create an efficient contracts management and tracking system.
- Exemplary negotiating and drafting skills for a wide range of commercial contracts.
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and workflow in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to evaluate legal risks and provide practical business-oriented solutions.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- 5-10 years’ experience at a law firm and/or in-house. Experience with an international retail company is preferred.
- JD from an ABA accredited law school, excellent academic credentials, and an active license to practice law in New York.
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law.
If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Some of Tory Burch's Employees
Katy creates the code that powers ToryBurch's digital commerce site, creating a seamless user experience and enhancing features as trends and the business change.
Back to top