Sr. Corporate Counsel
The Senior Corporate Counsel will provide analysis, advice, and transactional support to the Company's various business units, including being primarily responsible for facilitating, negotiating, and drafting strategic and commercially-focused contracts for the various business units. This position reports to the Deputy General Counsel.
- Provide transactional support on a global basis for a variety of business units including Sales, Marketing/Digital, IT, Real Estate, Supply Chain/Logistics, Production, Finance, and PR.
- Draft, review, revise and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements, including global sales distribution agreements, terms of sale, e-commerce agreements, software licensing agreements, cloud services agreements, CRM and data hosting agreements, logistics agreements, payment processing agreements, manufacturing and sourcing agreements, event agreements, marketing agreements, vendor and supply agreements, and a wide variety of other contracts.
- Serve as in-house real estate counsel, partnering with and managing outside counsel and liaising with the Real Estate, Construction, and Finance teams to negotiate retail and corporate leases and shop/concession agreements on a global basis.
- Provide advice and counsel in the areas of advertising and marketing, ethics and compliance, privacy and data protection, regulatory compliance, corporate social responsibility, and trade and customs compliance.
- Coordinate and support the Company's global corporate subsidiary governance program.
- Coordinate the improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes, including developing training and templates, and supporting a contract management system.
- Build relationships with business partners by providing timely, concise, and commercially-focused legal advice.
- Exemplary negotiating and drafting skills for a wide range of commercial contracts.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively balance competing demands under time pressure in a changing, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make decisions and operate independently to evaluate legal risks and provide practical, business-oriented solutions.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- 6-10 years' experience at a law firm and/or in-house. Experience with an international retail company and familiarity with global business practices is preferred.
- JD from an ABA accredited law school, excellent academic credentials, and an active license to practice law in New York.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact email@example.com .
Back to top