Shipping Lead - Atlanta Distribution Center
The departmental Lead reports directly to the supervisor and is responsible for being a partner in department planning and ultimately carrying out and sustaining agreed upon processes for daily departmental success. The Lead also has an obligation to convey associate concerns and requests to the supervisor in the department in which they reside. In this role, the Lead should also be prepared to work in the operation at any given time as needed/requested. The Shipping Lead will focus on the minute to minute needs of the operation by keeping outbound product flowing to the outbound doors, moving and replacing trailers when necessary and monitoring load quality, thus allowing the supervisor to focus on forecasting, overall strategy, labor allocation and associate needs.
- Distribute and manage the workload for the department. Ensure that the workflow is maintained in such a fashion to minimize downtime where an associate has no work available.
- Be a partner in the origination and execution of agreed upon daily plans for the department.
- Support 5S initiatives through following the practice of having everything in its place as well as helping the associates to understand the importance and value of exuding this culture.
- Be an advocate for safety in the distribution center emulating correct lifting techniques and supporting safety initiatives. Be aware of surroundings and making everyone’s safety your responsibility.
- Be approachable and have the ability to interact with an associate citing any performance opportunities as well as successes.
- Initiate a daily routine that consists of checks and processes to ensure that the department operates the same way day after day. When a goal or standard isn’t being met partner with leadership to solve for this daily.
- Assist the associates with any loading or stacking issues they encounter while fulfilling trailers.
- Ensure that the established process for loading product, handling damaged product and cube maximization is maintained.
- Assist the department Supervisor with any special projects around the transportation of goods, segregation of product, loading and organizing transfers, etc.
- Receive training on every piece of material handling equipment and job function in the shipping department to mitigate unforeseen absenteeism of key associates and cover key roles such as the shipping clerk.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed including days regularly scheduled off, such as weekends and holidays
- Coach associates and provide appropriate training and feedback to help the associates in the department meet their goals. This will be performed individually and as a partnership with the supervisor depending on the circumstance.
- Ensure that your planning coincides with any time off for associates and keep your supervisor apprised of any changes or impact the vacation or personal day will have on the operation.
- Work with your supervisor and area manager to ensure that performance opportunities are addressed.
- Listen to associate concerns & work with your supervisor to ensure that any issues are addressed. Have the ability to understand the distinction between an immediate need and something that needs addressed over time.
- Assist the supervisor in the evaluation of associates for performance appraisals of department personnel
- Assist the supervisor in analyzing available data to evaluate individual & departmental performance
- Continually look for ways to improve output & make recommendations to improve performance
- Challenge the status quo & promote a culture that challenges processes or functions for efficiency and any unwanted waste. Support this initiative through meeting, solving and helping to implement improved processes or functions as a team.
- Assess challenges and partner with the supervisor helping to implement solutions to improve process flow
- Assist in the training and development of associates when needed. Be the hourly level subject matter expert for processes and functions in your department at the associate level.
- Communicate operational issues & report any safety concerns to the supervisor of the department
- Be approachable and have the ability to interact with an associate or Leader citing any business needs, change in job function or matter at hand. Doing this in a manner that minimizes conflict but conveys the intended message is ideal.
- Leverage Company values and support corporate and warehouse policies and objectives
- Recognize and communicate any changes in shipping workload to the supervisor of the department.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 to 4 years related experience and/or training
- Experience with warehouse equipment
- Flexible and conscientious
- Good attention to detail with high level ability to measure accuracy
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel
- WMS knowledge preferred
- Bilingual is a plus (English/Spanish)
Meet Some of Tory Burch's Employees
Katy creates the code that powers ToryBurch's digital commerce site, creating a seamless user experience and enhancing features as trends and the business change.
Back to top