Senior Manager - Operations
The Sr. Manager of Operations is responsible for overseeing integrated operations for a multi-channel highly automated Distribution Center. This person will work closely with the Director of Operations and the other managers in the operation to ensure service levels are met, quality standards are achieved and costs are in line with expectations. The Sr. Manager of Operations oversees all facets of outbound, inbound, and core operations to ensure the link between strategic corporate objectives and tactical operations are aligned. Partner with our talent team to build a strong operations team and ensure their growth and development. This candidate will also ensure that corporate communications and company culture are carried through to all leadership and associates in their organization.
- Lead tactical execution of DC operations in an Omni-channel environment
- Maintain strong floor presence, approachability and awareness/interaction with the team
- Accountable for delivering quality, service, productivity and being a role-model of our culture
- Work with cross-functional partners and the DC team to implement corporate initiatives
- Promote our Buddy Values and encourage an open and positive work environment between operational team members and cross functional partners
- Work as part of a team to develop and implement lean initiatives
- Assist in managing budgets for the operations
- This facility is a multi-shift building so the right candidate must be flexible with their schedule to include nights and weekends
FINANCIAL & SERVICE OBJECTIVES
- Accountable for meeting/exceeding both budgetary goals and service level agreements
- Monitor supply/demand forecasts to ensure adequate warehouse staffing and capacities – make adjustments if/when needed to ensure costs stay in line with budget
- Work closely with Customer and Client Services to ensure customer inquiries are resolved quickly
- Work with your team to ensure an atmosphere of continuous improvement
- Monitor performance levels and quality standards and hold team accountable to that standard
- Assess challenges and implement solutions to improve process flow
- Address training needs. Creatively reward and incentivize positive behaviors in our associates while also directly addressing inconsistencies and negative behaviors in the work environment
- Train and develop direct reports to enhance performance and potential for career progression
- Provide leadership team with updates and reports on performance, operational issues and updates to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’S).
- Partner with the Management Team to review staffing levels, KPI’s, peak season/holiday planning, inventory levels and productivity.
- Coordinate with all departments and shifts to ensure timely processing of orders through the Fulfillment Center
- Evaluate changes to operational processes in partnership with the Management Team and implement change to achieve optimum performance
- A completed Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent related experience.
- 5-8 plus years of progressive management experience and expertise in distribution processes; Ecommerce, Wholesale and Retail experience a plus
- Experience with DC automation and each-pick environments
- Strong math and analytical skills with the ability to assimilate data from a variety of sources, analyze, and recommend appropriate courses of action
- Excellent leadership skills with a willingness to lead, create new ideas, and be assertive
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build cross-functional relationships while interacting effectively with all levels of management
- Solid computer skills
- Good organization and time management skills
- Ability to think strategically as well as tactically
- Able to maintain and promote culture standards amongst direct reports and in conducting internal and external business activities
- Highly motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit and a hands-on approach to problem-solving
- Ability to develop teams and people to achieve higher level of effectiveness
- Flexible to meet our ever changing environment
- Able to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
Back to top