Senior Associate, Production - Wovens & RTW
As a Tory Burch Production Associate, you are a critical cross-functional partner, pivotal in delivering aesthetically and quality authentic product while achieving financial goals. Management of the production process is performed by:
1. Meeting calendar deadlines to ensure that products are delivered on time.
2. Maintaining gross profit goals by working with sourcing partners to plan and control item costs, and expedite finished goods with logistics and DC partners.
3. Ensure that final product meets intended aesthetics, function and quality goals as outlined in the design package.
- Manages calendar to achieve on time placement dates to achieve to fulfillment and financial plans.
- Issues all purchase orders, factory splits with accuracy
- Partner with cross functional team to insure continue review of all production deliveries takes place for on time delivery. Resolves timing disconnects with the manufacturing base and New York teams.
- Manages all production variances with merchandising and design as well as all rework needs.
- Favorably negotiates all post-placement costing to hit margin goals.
- Insures that all systems are maintained for costing and deliveries, insuring data integrity at all times.
- Manages factory capacities and resolves under/over situation in conjunction with HKO
- Places all SMS on time to achieve market dates.
- Reviews and communicates style and material minimums, material costs, and lead times with design, production, and merchandising. Negotiates advantageous terms for these items.
- With the team, participates in on-going factory base performance reviews, and recommends improvements to factories and base that are beneficial to our brand.
- Continually reviews all bulk production deliveries to insure on time execution, reports, and resolves timing disconnects with the manufacturing base and New York teams.
- Tracks all pre-committed material usage against production placements.
- Reports regularly on key business metrics.
- Responsible to communicate bulk fitting impacts of changes to styles to CFT and help partner with tech to update
- Aims to instill quality in the product from material selection thru final production.
- Insures that all components and constructions used are compliant for performance and restricted substances prior to production.
- Works to test questionable materials and treatments in cycle to prevent a lapse in product flow in production.
- Reviews all products for customs compliance needs prior to production.
- Maintains accurate compliance records in the event of audit by applicable authorities.
- Travels 0-2 times per year or as needed to fulfill the requirements of the role.
- With design, merchandising, and production, manages liability inventories via MFO and/or liquidation.
- As needed works closely with design and product development to resolve delivery and material issues affecting production.
- Works on other relevant projects as required by supervisor.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent life experience
- Minimum 3-5 years in fashion accessories product development, sourcing, and/or production
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong math, calendar, and collaborative skills
- Able to work in a fluid, fast-paced, multi-channel environment.
- Previous experience working in SAP is favorable, but not a requirement
Meet Some of Tory Burch's Employees
Katy creates the code that powers ToryBurch's digital commerce site, creating a seamless user experience and enhancing features as trends and the business change.
Back to top