Sample Assistant, Circulation
The Circulation Sample Assistant is responsible for overseeing the movement of current seasonal samples. This will be accomplished by partnering closely with various internal departments to ensure samples are appropriately tagged and tracked while utilizing our internal database to ensure accuracy and efficiency. Teams this position will work with include but are not limited to: Public Relations, Wholesale, Marketing, Merchandising, Design, E-Commerce, Creative, Visual and Legal. This individual will also partner closely with the fellow Sample Assistant to receive and distribute all product prior to and after launching in market.
Sample Tracking and Organization
- Ensure all samples entering and exiting the Post-Market Closet are tagged, checked into their appropriate Tory Track location and accompanied by accurate tracking information.
- Maintain the organization of all samples, making sure they are sensibly grouped, accessible to users and current.
- With inputs from Merchandising, identify and move cancelled and incorrect samples out of circulation in a timely manner.
- Support closet users in returning and checking out samples as needed. Retag and check in samples if returned without tags.
- Communicate constantly with the fellow Sample Assistant to achieve a complete transition of samples at the close of market.
- Work closely with the archive team to ensure archive samples are passed off properly and kept separate from additional samples at the close of the season.
- Oversee the seasonal sample switch, in which past seasons are transferred to the archive and/or prepared for sample sale and preparing the new season for circulation.
- Assist Sample Associate in the receiving and tracking of runway and special collections as needed.
- Work closely with the offsite Digital Studio team to coordinate sample usage.
System Maintenance and Functioning
- Compile end-of-season report documenting sample shrink.
- Liaise with third-party Tory Track developer, IT and Production to troubleshoot any system errors. Communicate these changes to necessary teams.
- Continuously update the Sample Operations Manual to include procedures, policies and initiatives as they pertain to circulation.
- Lead new user training on internal database and sample operations procedures as it pertains to sample circulation. This includes new employees, seasonal interns, and international offices.
- Champion correct sample usage and system knowledge.
- College degree or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with cross functional teams
- Strong organizational skills
- Keen sense of urgency
- Ability to recognize areas of process opportunity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and general computer applications
Meet Some of Tory Burch's Employees
Katy creates the code that powers ToryBurch's digital commerce site, creating a seamless user experience and enhancing features as trends and the business change.
Back to top